Author Topic: Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders  (Read 1115 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/obama-shutdown-meeting_n_4030400.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders

AP  |  Posted: 10/02/2013 11:30 am EDT

BY JULIE PACE, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- A White House official says President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House Wednesday for a meeting on the government shutdown.

The official says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Speaker John Boehner, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi have been invited to the meeting. The official says Obama will urge the House to pass a spending bill to allow the government to reopen.

The government shut down when Congress failed to pass a spending bill ahead of a midnight deadline.

The official insisted on anonymity because the person was not authorized to publicly discuss the meeting before it was announced.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »
He's been getting his ass kicked even on MSNBC for refusing to meet with Republicans, so I guess Obama's decided to at least make a show of it.

Obama usually gets taken whenever he tries to negotiate, so this may turn out to be a good thing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »
He's been getting his ass kicked even on MSNBC for refusing to meet with Republicans, so I guess Obama's decided to at least make a show of it.

Obama usually gets taken whenever he tries to negotiate, so this may turn out to be a good thing.

Put aside all those public polls...I'm telling ya his private internals are telling a different story..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:22 pm »
Put aside all those public polls...I'm telling ya his private internals are telling a different story..

OH Yeah! You can make book on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »
This is pointless unless Harry Reid comes to the table.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024