Author Topic: Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders  (Read 476 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/obama-shutdown-meeting_n_4030400.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders

AP  |  Posted: 10/02/2013 11:30 am EDT

BY JULIE PACE, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- A White House official says President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House Wednesday for a meeting on the government shutdown.

The official says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Speaker John Boehner, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi have been invited to the meeting. The official says Obama will urge the House to pass a spending bill to allow the government to reopen.

The government shut down when Congress failed to pass a spending bill ahead of a midnight deadline.

The official insisted on anonymity because the person was not authorized to publicly discuss the meeting before it was announced.

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obama To Hold Shutdown Meeting With Congressional Leaders
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
He's been getting his ass kicked even on MSNBC for refusing to meet with Republicans, so I guess Obama's decided to at least make a show of it.

Obama usually gets taken whenever he tries to negotiate, so this may turn out to be a good thing.
From  "A Shining City on a Hill"

To "A global laughingstock"

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
He's been getting his ass kicked even on MSNBC for refusing to meet with Republicans, so I guess Obama's decided to at least make a show of it.

Obama usually gets taken whenever he tries to negotiate, so this may turn out to be a good thing.

Put aside all those public polls...I'm telling ya his private internals are telling a different story..

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »
Put aside all those public polls...I'm telling ya his private internals are telling a different story..

OH Yeah! You can make book on that!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • There's no one out there quite like me.
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
This is pointless unless Harry Reid comes to the table.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

"In the excitement of great popular elections, deciding the policy of the country, and its vast patronage, frauds will be committed, if a chance is given for them." —Richard Henry Dana, Jr.

Avatar by FatCow. Used under free license

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf