Author Topic: Sign Outside WWII Memorial: “Mr. President, Congress, Tear Down This Wall!”  (Read 1733 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/

Sign Outside WWII Memorial: “Mr. President, Congress, Tear Down This Wall!”…

According to Charlie Spiering, the man holding the sign is a Marine vet.

Offline musiclady

Nice!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clarice Feldman
Latest on Normandy Vets stormin' the mall:Tweet from the monuments moments ago:

After conferring with each other for a moment, park workers fled after cameras started filming. No wire ties on the gates.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Clarice Feldman
Latest on Normandy Vets stormin' the mall:Tweet from the monuments moments ago:

After conferring with each other for a moment, park workers fled after cameras started filming. No wire ties on the gates.

You gotta love these vets!   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You gotta love these vets!   :patriot:

Yep! They are doing what we all should be doing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

Drudge is reporting that the WH specifically denied a congressional request to let the Honor Flight veterans visit the open-air memorial, which is normally open 24/7.

Got tin-ear?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Drudge is reporting that the WH specifically denied a congressional request to let the Honor Flight veterans visit the open-air memorial, which is normally open 24/7.

Got tin-ear?

The have no knowledge of the first rule of holes apparently!

First rule of holes:

When you find yourself in a hole STOP DIGGING!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"More guards at WWII Memorial that at Benghazi"

“More guards at #WWIIMemorial than #Benghazi.” http://bit.ly/16hlrAZ #WWII

My prediction is Obama and his people fix this pronto, because it is exactly the type of symbol and mistake that can blow up and spoil their ploy.

Posts here by Rand Paul, Newt Gingrich, John Cornyn.

http://theplazz.com/tweet/SecretsBedard_385424537292001280/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

“More guards at #WWIIMemorial than #Benghazi.”

My prediction is Obama and his people fix this pronto, because it is exactly the type of symbol and mistake that can blow up and spoil their ploy.

I think the appropriate comment for this is, "Ouch.  That'll leave a mark."

It will be interesting to see if Obama does fix it, because it's already been going on for a long time and the 'optics' are out there.

I don't know how they can back pedal this.

Offline musiclady

Here's a good question........

Cheri Jacobus  @CheriJacobus    If aging black civil rights activists visit the Martin Luther King memorial, will park police keep them out like WWII vets? #honorflight

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If the government is shut down, who is spending the time and manpower putting up all these barriers and 'closed' signs?

Offline GourmetDan

Just like the WH tours and the sequenster.

No school kids but plenty of lobbyists...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

BARRYCADES!!     :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Obama closes National War Memorials to Veterans,

keeps food stamps going to unwed mothers and their future inmate offspring.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln