Author Topic: Pic: National Park Services Putting Gates And Tape Around WWII Memorial To Keep Vets Out – Update: Using Zip Ties To Put Up More “Closed” Signs  (Read 1858 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/

Pic: National Park Services Putting Gates And Tape Around WWII Memorial To Keep Vets Out – Update: Using Zip Ties To Put Up More “Closed” Signs…

Amazing to think officials in the National Park Service think this is a good idea.

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

famousdayandyear

Update:  Disgrace

Via Washington Examiner’s Charlie Spiering

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The rats have been wanting this shutdown for a long time....

I am surprised the shutdown signs don't say...*Shutdown due to Republicans*....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is going to bite them in the A$$! Just wait and see!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

This is going to bite them in the A$$! Just wait and see!

You are darn right! It is costing more to keep people out, than it would to do otherwise. I always wondered how low this administration will go, but now realize it's a bottomless pit.

Offline Olivia

You are darn right! It is costing more to keep people out, than it would to do otherwise. I always wondered how low this administration will go, but now realize it's a bottomless pit.

How very fitting!  This administration would burn the constitution if they could get away with it.
Every day, Obama does one more thing to prove his hatred of average Americans.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline GourmetDan

Amazing to think officials in the National Park Service think this is a good idea.

Rand Paul is right to call them 'goons'.

The goons are going to have to realize that they are goons and make a decision not to be goons before good people will be free again.

I am glad that the administration doesn't realize how disgraceful this is.  It may win the battle for the GOP.  People won't stand for this kind of disrespect toward veterans.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

So the guys in the photos are "essential" federal employees. Got it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So the guys in the photos are "essential" federal employees. Got it.
Protecting life and property... in their case, their own property.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I reckon it would be nice if some of the younger veterans - Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan - assisted in removing these disgraceful barriers.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

I reckon it would be nice if some of the younger veterans - Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan - assisted in removing these disgraceful barriers.

Actually, this would be perfect time for a "Lech Walesa" moment.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

famousdayandyear

There was, in fact, a report from the memoral today that vets from Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan were there to support the WWII men.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If so - that is both totally awesome and EXACTLY what I'd expect.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Actually, this would be perfect time for a "Lech Walesa" moment."

Absolutely right.

I think this is why the administration tried backing away from the parks closures a bit, now saying that they will be open for "free speech purposes" or something like that. Trying to fabricate themselves a way out.

Up to this point, there hasn't really been anything in the news to serve as an "emotional focus point" for Americans who may be clearly disgusted with Obama and his kind, yet who remain afraid to speak out or take action, even if such actions be only symbolic in nature.

Imagine... octagenarian veterans being manhandled by government security forces (dressed in paramilitary gear) while trying to enter the monument dedicated to their very service. Ain't gonna look good on tv. And if Fox covers it, the other networks may be forced into covering it, too. But their spinnin' won't be able to "flip the images" in the eyes of the public.

Imagine... a confrontation that has the potential to do for Obama what Kent State did back in May of 1970... the ultimate irony.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Imagine a trio of veterans in their Hummer2....blowing out the barriers.

Would we have another Kent State....where citizens are murdered for expressing their First Amendment rights?

We need Clint Eastwood to do it.   Seriously.  They wouldn't shoot him, would they?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Allegra

Rand Paul is right to call them 'goons'.

The goons are going to have to realize that they are goons and make a decision not to be goons before good people will be free again.

I am glad that the administration doesn't realize how disgraceful this is.  It may win the battle for the GOP.  People won't stand for this kind of disrespect toward veterans.

That and Harry Reid's nasty comment about "a kid with cancer."
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Online mountaineer

That and Harry Reid's nasty comment about "a kid with cancer."
That was incredible. His is the party of sociopaths.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org