Author Topic: Obamacare Exchange: A New York State of Maintenance  (Read 458 times)

Offline sinkspur

Obamacare Exchange: A New York State of Maintenance
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obamacare Exchange: A New York State of Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
From Obamacare Facebook page.

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable.""

Offline sinkspur

Re: Obamacare Exchange: A New York State of Maintenance
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
The subsidies are meant to be catnip to the poor schlubs signing up on the exchanges, but all they affect is the monthly premium.

Deductibles are the killer to most families, and silver plan deductibles are running on average $4,000-5,000 with only 70% coverage.  And many of those who've never had insurance don't realize that the deductible is YEARLY, not a one time thing.  Healthy families will never meet their deductible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf