Author Topic: Obama barricades Lincoln Memorial unlike during 1995 “shutdown”  (Read 1666 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10/obama-barricades-lincoln-memorial-unlike-during-1995-shutdown/

Obama barricades Lincoln Memorial unlike during 1995 “shutdown”

Posted by William A. Jacobson    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 8:49am

Barry-cades become symbol of Obama’s shutdown.

Morgen Richmond, of the former Verum Serum blog, has been doing great research on the closure of parks and monuments in Washington, D.C. by Obama and the Democrats, revealing rank hypocrisy and mean-spiritedness.

For example, The White House now claims that it needed to erect barricades at the WWII Memorial to keep out vistors, including a group of visiting WWII veterans, because parks service personnel know how to perform CPR.  (Seriously, that’s the claim.)

But Morgen demonstrated that the WWII memorial is open 24 hours a day, but only staffed part of the day, which means that for much of the time it’s open there are no parks service personnel there at all.  Such much for the bogus CPR defense.

Morgen @morgenr

"The public may visit the World War II Memorial 24 hours a day." Staffed from 9:30 am to 11:30 pm. http://web.archive.org/web/20121108195139/http://www.nps.gov/wwii/planyourvisit/hours.htm
7:08 PM - 1 Oct 2013

Jake Tapper        ✔ @jaketapper

Why was the World War II Memorial barricaded?

Legal Insurrection @LegInsurrection

@jaketapper but it's open even when not staffed and 911 still works so CPR excuse is nonsense
9:26 PM - 1 Oct 2013

Obama and the Democrats also have shut the Lincoln Memorial, erecting more Barry-cades.

more photos at link
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:38:09 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama barricades Lincoln Memorial unlike during 1995 “shutdown”
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 02:03:39 pm »
In a just world, Obama would be hated for this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »
Just stay out of Washington, DC.  Cancel your hotel stays, let the restaurants sit empty, let the cabbies bitch because they have no fares.  Give Eleanor Holmes Norton something to keep her awake at night.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:28:36 pm »
Before it's all over they will wish they hadn't done this! You just wait and see!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:30:33 pm »
Before it's all over they will wish they hadn't done this! You just wait and see!

I'm most likely going to be in DC this weekend, and am tempted to get myself arrested by going to the Lincoln Memorial.

I think that this might just create some "negative optics" for the thug regime.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »
I'm most likely going to be in DC this weekend, and am tempted to get myself arrested by going to the Lincoln Memorial.

You alone won't but if there were a number of folks it MIGHT get some coverage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
You alone won't but if there were a number of folks it MIGHT get some coverage!

Probably not, but my liberals friends might not be so happy that Obama arrested me!  :patriot:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 08:18:44 pm »

Sing "God Bless America" at the top of your lungs as they drag you off, L!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »
I'm sure the White House tours have reopened, haven't they? :woohoo:  It won't be long before Washington is shut down to everyone but the thieves in congress, guarded by Constitutionally illegal Homeland Security Police. :2gunz: