Author Topic:  (Read 461 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »
Sending that military appropriations bill through was a stroke of genius because now they have to justify NOT funding these other areas after having already funded one section of the government through this device.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Looks like a good strategy to me.

Force the Rats to vote 'no' on multiple funding bills having nothing to do with Obamacare.

Then who is really shutting-down government?

It's a good strategic element, but there has to be a lot more to the plan - as I expect there is.

The mainstream news media are not going to ever, EVER going to allow the GOP narrative to be heard.

Example: this morning, I watched both FOX & Friends and ABC's Good Morning America to observe the difference in coverage.

Even though I knew well from long experience what to expect, I was still stunned.

FOX, as usual, was sympathetic to the Republicans, but allowed both sides to be quoted, seen, and heard from.

ABC, for its part:
 - Did not mention any of the GOP's supplemental funding bills, and did not tell its audience that the bills were all summarily rejected by the Democrats
 - Did not show (as FOX did) GOP congressmen sitting at a table across from empty chairs where Democrats failed to appear for negotiations.
 - Held its show opening in front of the (sniff...closed) Statue of Liberty and spent over three minutes displaying closed national parks and monuments to impress upon
   its audience just how awful this shutdown is.
 - Quoted only Democrats to the effect that this was a "Republican shutdown", while failing to offer even a second of coverage to a GOP voice. 

This is what the GOP is up against, and it had better be up to the task. That means blasting out communications on a minute-by-minute basis if necessary, using social and alternative media, and calling out the liberal "old" media for their biased coverage.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
It's a good strategic element, but there has to be a lot more to the plan - as I expect there is.

The mainstream news media are not going to ever, EVER going to allow the GOP narrative to be heard.

Example: this morning, I watched both FOX & Friends and ABC's Good Morning America to observe the difference in coverage.

Even though I knew well from long experience what to expect, I was still stunned.

FOX, as usual, was sympathetic to the Republicans, but allowed both sides to be quoted, seen, and heard from.

ABC, for its part:
 - Did not mention any of the GOP's supplemental funding bills, and did not tell its audience that the bills were all summarily rejected by the Democrats
 - Did not show (as FOX did) GOP congressmen sitting at a table across from empty chairs where Democrats failed to appear for negotiations.
 - Held its show opening in front of the (sniff...closed) Statue of Liberty and spent over three minutes displaying closed national parks and monuments to impress upon
   its audience just how awful this shutdown is.
 - Quoted only Democrats to the effect that this was a "Republican shutdown", while failing to offer even a second of coverage to a GOP voice. 

This is what the GOP is up against, and it had better be up to the task. That means blasting out communications on a minute-by-minute basis if necessary, using social and alternative media, and calling out the liberal "old" media for their biased coverage.

Fortunately though, most people get there news from different sources these days.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf