Author Topic: Report: Boehner was for Obamacare exemptions before he was against them  (Read 1051 times)

rangerrebew

Report: Boehner was for Obamacare exemptions before he was against them

2:30 PM 10/01/2013

House Speaker John Boehner has spoken passionately about making sure lawmakers and their staff do not receive any Obamacare exemptions.

But Politico reported Tuesday that before staking out that position, the Ohio Republican was working hard to quietly make sure Congress could get new subsidies to cover their health insurance plans.

The most stunning quote in the story? Politico cites a source saying Boehner suggested this summer that he and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid “could quietly slip some language into a bill to end the problem without it receiving any public attention.”

“When I was in the state legislature, we used to stick things in [bills] and no one would notice,” Boehner reportedly said, according to Politico, though the idea was dropped.

The outlet reported that Boehner does not recall making the comment.

The Office of Personnel Management announced in August that it plans to provide a subsidy of about 75 percent of the cost for the healthcare of members and staff.

The Obamacare fix for lawmakers and staff was made because the Affordable Care Act includes an amendment from a Republican senator that changes how the government currently covers most of the cost of health-care premiums for members and their staffers.

The new law mandates that members and staff must enter into exchanges or be covered by insurance “created” by law.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/01/report-boehner-was-for-obamacare-exemptions-before-he-was-against-them/#ixzz2gUsJOyNF

There are only 3 people in Washington more despicable than Tammy Fay Boehner, they are Obama, Reid, and Pelosi.  Quickly behind them comes the entire commiecrat party and administration. :3:

Offline sinkspur

Re: Report: Boehner was for Obamacare exemptions before he was against them
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »
I'm going to get killed for this, but I'm going to ask it anyway?

Since Congress and their aides have been getting subsidies to cover some or all of premiums, why should they not get subsidies under Obamacare?

I get a subsidy from my company and it will continue under Obamacare.  Most people who work for large organizations get a lot of their premiums subsidized.  Same for state and local governments.

Congress shouldn't?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »
I'm going to get killed for this, but I'm going to ask it anyway?

Since Congress and their aides have been getting subsidies to cover some or all of premiums, why should they not get subsidies under Obamacare?

I get a subsidy from my company and it will continue under Obamacare.  Most people who work for large organizations get a lot of their premiums subsidized.  Same for state and local governments.

Congress shouldn't?

They took away subsidies from everyone else (what do you think the unions are screaming about) so their own should be gone, too.  They are NOT special and should not be exempt from their own bad laws - another example Martha Stewart went to prison doing what it is legal for congressmen to do.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »
They took away subsidies from everyone else (what do you think the unions are screaming about) so their own should be gone, too.  They are NOT special and should not be exempt from their own bad laws - another example Martha Stewart went to prison doing what it is legal for congressmen to do.

The unions didn't lose subsidies.  They are GOING to lose subsidies for Cadillac plans in 2017.  THAT'S what they're afraid of.  That, and the reduction in hours of some of their members to below 30 hours so that they lose insurance.

And they didn't "take away subsidies for everyone else."  Most companies that are subsidizing premiums for employees will still subsidize them under Obamacare and that's for 156 million Americans.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:05:44 pm »
The unions didn't lose subsidies.  They are GOING to lose subsidies for Cadillac plans in 2017.  THAT'S what they're afraid of.  That, and the reduction in hours of some of their members to below 30 hours so that they lose insurance.

And they didn't "take away subsidies for everyone else."  Most companies that are subsidizing premiums for employees will still subsidize them under Obamacare and that's for 156 million Americans.

We get it sink. You love Obamacare, want to see Obama implemented and you think Congress should not have to live under the same laws they passed for the rest of us.  Got it!  You must be making a ton of money off this bill.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:17 pm »

This will last only until business figures out how much money they can save by giving subsidies instead of insurance.  The cost savings in staff reduction and paperwork alone will make companies drop insurance like a hot potato. :poohappen: