Author Topic: Vulnerable Republicans: End the shutdown  (Read 614 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Vulnerable Republicans: End the shutdown
« on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Re: Vulnerable Republicans: End the shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
It's in full throat, folks.  The media is going to pound and pound on Republicans, day after day. 

Now that Ted Cruz has brought the GOP to this point, what's his next move?  Pray that Obama changes his mind?  Hope that, somehow, the public will suddenly agree that it's worth shutting the government down to make a point?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »
Some House Republicans facing perilous paths to reelection in 2014 are beginning to budge on the government shutdown, calling for the party to compromise and move on from its fight over defunding Obamacare.

I thought the sequester was supposed to sink the GOP?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
It's in full throat, folks.  The media is going to pound and pound on Republicans, day after day. 

Now that Ted Cruz has brought the GOP to this point, what's his next move?  Pray that Obama changes his mind?  Hope that, somehow, the public will suddenly agree that it's worth shutting the government down to make a point?

Okay then go for it...like I said...gavel the House closed and send them all home.....
Support the USO

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf