Author Topic: Is congress' drinking on the job part of the reason they are failing the American people?  (Read 1166 times)

rangerrebew

Is Congress’ Drinking on the Job Part of the Reason They are Failing the American People?

You know that guy that sneaks out at lunch every day and throws back a few? He always comes back chewing gum and all of your co-workers know. It has been alleged that a number of our elected servants couldn't address government shutdowns and Obamacare without first throwing a few back this weekend.

There is nothing wrong with having a few drinks on your own time, but company time is supposed to be off limits, at least with most occupations. Most would agree that those who drink on the job are showing the signs of a full blown alcoholic. Alcoholics don't often abide by any kind of etiquette with their drinking. How do I know this? Well, I am a recovering alcoholic myself. I drank before (and after) my own wedding. By the grace of God, it's been 2 years now since my last drink. Previously, I made it to 5 years before screwing up. I am not the type that can stop at 1 or 2, and envy those who can.

There is nothing wrong with drinking unless you are an alcoholic and there have long been rumors of several of them in congress.

John Boehner is at the top of the list of alleged alcoholics and maybe we should start with him. If you simply type "John Boehner alcoholic" in Google, you will have your choice of many wonderful tales of his habitual drinking and carousing with Capitol Hill staffers.

Former U.S. Rep. Bob Ney, R-Ohio, admits he broke the law and deserved to be sent to prison, but he told WND the corrupt political system desperately needs changing and House Speaker John Boehner is part of the problem.

"I've known John Boehner for over two-and-a-half decades. I don't hate John Boehner. Was I angry at John Boehner in 2006? You better believe it. I make no bones about that. But John Boehner has always been, and this is my opinion, but I think the opinion of many, on the lazy side in the sense that he's a get-along guy. He doesn't like a lot of controversy. He's always enjoyed the golfing. I would have to term it an addiction for John Boehner," Ney said.

"I'm not calling anyone an alcoholic, being a recovering alcoholic, but I've got to tell you John Boehner is a constant drinker of wine. He's been seen with lobbyists for decades on a nightly basis and drinking. I'm not judging him, but I think it's part of the story.

It's not just Boehner. Check out what Ron Paul said in an interview on Larry King Live as reported by The Raw Story in 2009:

"I understand there's a few people who smoke marijuana already," said Paul, laughing. "And, how many times have you seen someone arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana? I mean, I've never heard of it! Driving under the influence of alcohol … That is dangerous."

Paul attributed current laws to a widespread fear of political retribution in Congress, among many members who "drink a lot of alcohol" at that.

"Are you saying that there are a lot of alcoholics in Congress?" asked guest host Joy Behar.

Paul backpedaled. "I said there's a lot of people in Congress who drink a lot of alcohol."

"They won't vote to legalize it," he added with a laugh.

I don't care what any of these guys do when they are "off the clock." I would rather they not drink and party on my tax dollars, but it truly is none of my business what they do in their personal life if it is not illegal, but, knowing what we know, and suspecting what we suspect, would it surprise you if your congressional servants turned this weekend's crucial ObamaCare/Government shutdown debate into a little party? Would it concern you if there was a little booze involved in those late night negotiations?

It does me.

I'm not saying it effects votes. I'm not saying it effects a lot, but it is common decency to refrain from such things when the whole country is counting on your sound judgment.

Isn't that right John McCain? Playing video poker is acceptable of course, but drinking on the job is where any good RINO should draw the line.

Well, you should always consider the source but a couple of left-leaning journalists reported that this weekend's activities in the House of Representatives were not all business.

Ginger Gibson is congressional reporter for Politico:

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/congress-drinking-job-part-reason-failing-american-people/#ixzz2gTmiogk4
Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/congress-drinking-job-part-reason-failing-american-people/#uwuSUaOV3ta8O57a.99

Are they self-medicating to get rid of the shame they feel for destroying their country with their greed for money, power, and prestige? 0005

Offline mountaineer

When I worked on Capitol Hill, just walking by Ron Dellums' office would get you high (unless you wore a gas mask).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

I just heard an anecdote today about a woman I know who worked for Boehner several years ago. Besides the rumor that she and he had some kind of fling, it seems she was too much of a drunk even for him and he fired her - after she was peeled off the barroom floor on an occasion she tried to use her congressional credit card to buy another round.    0005   :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

I think they're all tripping on the most intoxicating drug of all - power.