Author Topic: Sarah Palin hits Obama: “We don’t do pinpricks but sometimes we elect them”  (Read 5091 times)

Offline happyg

Sarah Palin took a clever shot at Obama tonight in advising the Republicans to remind everyone that a government shutdown isn’t armageddon like Democrats would have them believe, but rather it’s a pinprick. She then reminds Hannity that Obama said the other week when he was ready to bomb Syria that America doesn’t do pinpricks. She agrees, saying we don’t do pinpricks but sometimes we elect them.

Watch:

Video at link: http://therightscoop.com/sarah-palin-hits-obama-we-dont-do-pinpricks-but-sometimes-we-elect-them/

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

That type of personal attack does nothing constructive in terms of persuading a national movement.

Palin basically just made a message board post.  I hope she reconsiders her words next time and elevates herself above Obama's pettiness and insults.  I know it must be hard for Sarah, considering the smears she has taken from the left, but Reagan was able to speak above the muck to reach people in his day, and history is starting to show that W. Bush's approach helped shine a bright light on the bias of the media, and the childishness of the left. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Cincinnatus

The hell you say:
That type of personal attack does nothing constructive in terms of persuading a national movement.

There is nothing like that kind of ridicule to freeze a moment, provide a laugh, and puncture the Obama pomposity balloon.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

The hell you say:
There is nothing like that kind of ridicule to freeze a moment, provide a laugh, and puncture the Obama pomposity balloon.

:amen:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Lando Lincoln

She has her following.  I wish Sarah ran deeper than simply a wink and a quip.  The ridicule would mean more.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

She has her following.  I wish Sarah ran deeper than simply a wink and a quip.  The ridicule would mean more.

If you listen to the interview, Palin delivers the line in deadpan fashion, and in the context of a sober discussion of the government shutdown. I don't think she intended it to be anything more than a casual insult. And why not? Democrats have been insulting Republicans every waking minute for years, and in far worse terms.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

I remember Reagan often taking clever shots at his political enemies. However, I agree Palin could reach more people who haven't given her a first look (because of her media-created caricature) by elevating her messaging. These are serious times, after all.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have to admit I laughed when I heard it, but in the end this comment probably does more harm to the movement than helps.  Unlike others, I'm not too worked up over it.  Palin has fought the good fight and taken her share of flack, so I'd cut her some slack.  Nonetheless, we have to keep our powder dry right now and let our actions do the talking while the Dems overreact.  It's our only hope of getting anything out of this.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have to admit I laughed when I heard it, but in the end this comment probably does more harm to the movement than helps.  Unlike others, I'm not too worked up over it.  Palin has fought the good fight and taken her share of flack, so I'd cut her some slack.  Nonetheless, we have to keep our powder dry right now and let our actions do the talking while the Dems overreact.  It's our only hope of getting anything out of this.

Er....what "movement"?

And how does calling Obama a pr*ck do any damage?   What?   Giving seniors the vapors over the word?

Vic...the time is past to play nice-nice with these sons-a-b*tches.

In fact....Sarah Palin is the purrfect GOP spokeswoman to utter it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

Palin basically just made a message board post.  I hope she reconsiders her words next time and elevates herself above Obama's pettiness and insults.  I know it must be hard for Sarah, considering the smears she has taken from the left, but Reagan was able to speak above the muck to reach people in his day, and history is starting to show that W. Bush's approach helped shine a bright light on the bias of the media, and the childishness of the left.

It's a different America today. Sadly, hurling insults and speaking in sound bites is the way to reach the average American.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Er....what "movement"?

And how does calling Obama a pr*ck do any damage?   What?   Giving seniors the vapors over the word?

Vic...the time is past to play nice-nice with these sons-a-b*tches.

In fact....Sarah Palin is the purrfect GOP spokeswoman to utter it.

The movement that elected Ted Cruz.  I think he is the proper face, and he sets the proper tone in the media.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The movement that elected Ted Cruz.  I think he is the proper face, and he sets the proper tone in the media.

That same movement gave us Sarah Palin....and no doubt made the 2008 election closer than it would have been.

IMO, the ONLY way we're going to bust through the media jersey-wall is by being "outrageous".  And Sarah is like a flame to a moth.

Furthermore....Obama IS a pr*ck.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Furthermore....Obama IS a pr*ck.   :laugh:
Yes, there is that ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

Reagan made digs when necessary, George W. didn't respond because he didn't think he should, and Sarah digs and does it well.

I say, let them all be themselves and handle the filth slung at them as they see fit.

Whatever one thinks of Sarah, she's right about this..............isn't she??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

Reagan made digs when necessary, George W. didn't respond because he didn't think he should, and Sarah digs and does it well.

I say, let them all be themselves and handle the filth slung at them as they see fit.

Whatever one thinks of Sarah, she's right about this..............isn't she??

Of course, she is right. I thought there were times Bush should have spoken up, but he allowed the democrats to keep slinging mud, and a lot of it stuck.

Offline musiclady

Of course, she is right. I thought there were times Bush should have spoken up, but he allowed the democrats to keep slinging mud, and a lot of it stuck.

I know it did.  And a lot of us were wishing he'd speak up.  But he believed it was right to just do his job and ignore them, and it's hard for me to fault him for his principles.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

Well if you ask me, The better half of the McCain/Palin ticket was by far Sarah Palin. And she has a lot more going for her than a wink and a quip. She is an intelligent woman who stands her ground not budging.  And when the “establishment” fights back she fights back even harder and usually gets her way in the end.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Well if you ask me, The better half of the McCain/Palin ticket was by far Sarah Palin. And she has a lot more going for her than a wink and a quip. She is an intelligent woman who stands her ground not budging.  And when the “establishment” fights back she fights back even harder and usually gets her way in the end.   

Really?  If she usually gets her way, why did she quit halfway through her first term as governor of Alaska?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Really?  why did she quit halfway through her first term as governor of Alaska?

That old shtick is tired and worn out.

Even David Carr of the New York Times could see the reasons for it, by writing begrudgingly the below admiring but at the same time nasty comment:
Instead, she quit her day job and proceeded to become a one-woman national media empire, with the ratings and lucre to show for it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Lando Lincoln

I won't argue with anyone over this because it is an argument that can't be won or lost.  That said, she may be deep thinker but I don't see it.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

That old shtick is tired and worn out.

Even David Carr of the New York Times could see the reasons for it, by writing begrudgingly the below admiring but at the same time nasty comment:
Instead, she quit her day job and proceeded to become a one-woman national media empire, with the ratings and lucre to show for it.

So she quit for money.  I've been saying that since she quit and getting pilloried for it.  Nice to see that you agree.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

So she quit for money.  I've been saying that since she quit and getting pilloried for it.  Nice to see that you agree.

I think you're jealous.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

Did Obama get the most powerful position on planet earth because of his stellar performance as a state senator and his less than one term in congress? Face it we're in the post resume era. Today it's about Star power, rhetoric and ideology not whether you're a good manager. Who's to say if Palin's path to higher office, if she has such designs, makes her a less qualified candidate?

Anyway, at the time Palin was chosen to be McCain's vice presidential nominee she had the highest rating of any governor in the United States.