Author Topic: Sarah Palin hits Obama: “We don’t do pinpricks but sometimes we elect them”  (Read 5094 times)

Offline happyg

I think you're jealous.

If Sarah had not quit,  there would be other reasons to criticize her. You are right! It is jealousy that someone new, who happened to be beautiful and smart, along with being a good conservative has such an impact on voters like us.

Offline NavyCanDo

I think you're jealous.

The only thing predictable about Sarah Palin is the revulsion she inspires by those who roll their eyes at the thought that someone from Alaska (a woman from Alaska)  could draw such unmatched numbers of admirers in the political arena.   Let me just encapsulate it for you of what they think: “How can someone so stupid do so well?
Newsflash for them: She’s not stupid, and she didn’t fade away like most of them predicted she would.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

Did Obama get the most powerful position on planet earth because of his stellar performance as a state senator and his less than one term in congress? Face it we're in the post resume era. Today it's about Star power, rhetoric and ideology not whether you're a good manager. Who's to say if Palin's path to higher office, if she has such designs, makes her a less qualified candidate?

Anyway, at the time Palin was chosen to be McCain's vice presidential nominee she had the highest rating of any governor in the United States.

And she was the reason for any enthusiasm for the ticket.

I don't know a single soul who was excited about McCain.

Her giving a boost to the ticket and keeping them in the running until the Democrat caused financial crisis, cannot be emphasized enough.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cincinnatus

Probably pointless to post it. Unlikely he will read it, and, even if he does, he will ignore it since to do otherwise will eliminate one of his favorite Liberal talking points.

Sarah Palin: Why She Resigned

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA, July 7, 2009

After her bombshell announcement Friday that she was resigning as governor of Alaska 18 months before the end of her first term, and amid questions about her political future ricocheting from Alaska to Washington, D.C., Sarah Palin packed it up, traveled more than 300 miles from her family home in Wasilla and went fishing.

It was there in Dillingham, Alaska, on the shores of Kanakanak Beach, that ABC News joined the former Republican presidential running mate on a salmon fishing trip. Dressed in a white T-shirt and overall waders, Alaska's governor was philosophical about politics and life, all the while plucking salmon from the family fishing nets aboard a boat her husband, Todd, and a buddy built 20 years ago...

But she said a major factor in the decision was the mounting legal bills she and the state have had to incur to fight ethics charges from her political adversaries. None of the accusations have been proved but, she said, the costs of fighting them have been enormous.

"You know, conditions have really changed in Alaska in the political arena since Aug. 29, since I was tapped to run for VP. When that opposition research -- those researchers really bombarded Alaska -- started digging for dirt and have not let up. They're not gonna find any dirt," she said. "We keep proving that every time we win an ethics violation lawsuit, and we've won every one of them. But it has been costing our state millions of dollars. It's cost Todd and me. You know the adversaries would love to see us put on the path of personal bankruptcy so that we can't afford to run." ...

Another major reason Palin stated for walking away from her first term as Alaska's governor was that after she announced the decision not to seek a second term as governor, she would become a lame duck, and she'd refuse to "milk" that status. She said most politicians "say it's a paycheck, it's a paycheck and I get to travel around. No, that's politics as usual."
[emphasis added]

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah-palin-speaks-abc-news/story?id=8016906

I suppose the next step will be to call her a liar, and that she quit for other more nefarious reasons, or is simply off her nut.

I have never been able to understand the bizarre extent of Palin Derangement Syndrome, given who and what she is, but it is darned interesting to observe.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I have never been able to understand the bizarre extent of Palin Derangement Syndrome, given who and what she is, but it is darned interesting to observe.

There's only one word that can fully explain the hatred....one word.

.....cleavage.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

It's about her appearance, her mannerisms, the way she talks. The things Liberals care most about: style over substance. That's why they hate her. The fact that she made herself an expert on energy and was an effective governor mattered not to them.

Offline PzLdr

She has her following.  I wish Sarah ran deeper than simply a wink and a quip.  The ridicule would mean more.

Since she's the ONLY politician ridiculing the boy king, the ridicule will do. One of the BIG mistakes I've seen the GOP make over the last five years is failing to ridicule that little sh*t and all his minions every chance they've gotten [and they've gotten plenty]. Instead they treat him and the Dims with arespect both mystifying and unearned. Woodworth Ave. [where I grew up]etiquette says when a man offers you his throat, cut it. They could have decapitated [metaphorically] Il Douche years ago if they didn't treat the malignantly narcissistic sociopath as a responsible adversary [ditto for Dingy Harry. Rancid Pelosi, et al]

I like Sarah just fine. And considering how more than not she's right on issues, and candidates, I don't think she's all that shallow.  :patriot:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

Since she's the ONLY politician ridiculing the boy king, the ridicule will do. One of the BIG mistakes I've seen the GOP make over the last five years is failing to ridicule that little sh*t and all his minions every chance they've gotten [and they've gotten plenty]. Instead they treat him and the Dims with arespect both mystifying and unearned. Woodworth Ave. [where I grew up]etiquette says when a man offers you his throat, cut it. They could have decapitated [metaphorically] Il Douche years ago if they didn't treat the malignantly narcissistic sociopath as a responsible adversary [ditto for Dingy Harry. Rancid Pelosi, et al]

I like Sarah just fine. And considering how more than not she's right on issues, and candidates, I don't think she's all that shallow.  :patriot:

word  :beer:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

Why don't you stop beating around the bush and just tell us how you really feel?

Offline happyg

There's not a darn thing wrong with Sarah. Besides her good qualities, she also has integrity and morals that 99% of Congresscritters lack. She's been investigated so far back, that I'm surprised they didn't want to read her ultra sounds.

Except for a few, everyone I talk to likes her. Their criticism is that she's unelectable  and ruined because of all the negativity over the years. What's wrong with that picture?

Offline Rapunzel

They had a good hate conservatives back and forth going there for a while.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

There's only one word that can fully explain the hatred....one word.

.....cleavage.   :laugh:

That plus an opportunistic streak = hypocritical tease.

(OMG will she run; won't she run; will she run; ad infinitum)

Offline Carling

The only thing predictable about Sarah Palin is the revulsion she inspires by those who roll their eyes at the thought that someone from Alaska (a woman from Alaska)  could draw such unmatched numbers of admirers in the political arena.   Let me just encapsulate it for you of what they think: “How can someone so stupid do so well?
Newsflash for them: She’s not stupid, and she didn’t fade away like most of them predicted she would.

That's a terrible strawman.  I, for one, don't think Palin is stupid.  She's a calculating capitalist who knows that a good soundbite is much more effecting in attracting attention than is laying out a thoughtful and reasoned approach.  She is smart as can be.  She's done a fantastic job of exploiting the current' "GOTCHA!" political climate, and has made millions in doing so.

She's not a serious politician, though.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

Palin isn't a politician, though.  She's a member of the media, and makes a ton of money running a PAC.  That's not a negative, but she isn't a serious politician, and she won't be running in 2016, either.  I just hope she doesn't stretch out her obvious "withdrawal" to the race, and then take a dump on a guy like Rick Perry like she did in 2012 in order to get Mitt Romney elected. 

Palin loves McCain, and still hasn't called him out, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:39:00 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

famousdayandyear

Palin isn't a politician, though.  She's a member of the media, and makes a ton of money running a PAC.  That's not a negative, but she isn't a serious politician, and she won't be running in 2016, either.  I just hope she doesn't stretch out her obvious "withdrawal" to the race, and then take a dump on a guy like Rick Perry like she did in 2012 in order to get Mitt Romney elected. 

Palin loves McCain, and still hasn't called him out, by the way.

Pretty accurate.  Palin has crafted her "awe shucks" persona to perfection, which she can employ on 'select' occasions.  In that respect, she's a very savvy woman.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree that if she had a persona like Lady Margaret Thatcher....the same cadence and wit, that she'd be more effective and bulletproof

Speak less and say more is what I say!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:28:10 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald