Author Topic: Attorney General Eric Holder gets 'mad' about shutdown impact  (Read 1304 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Attorney General Eric Holder gets 'mad' about shutdown impact
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:08 am »
Attorney General Eric Holder gets 'mad' about shutdown impact
Josh Gerstein - POLITICO

It wasn't quite a "Network" moment, but normally mild-mannered Attorney General Eric Holder showed a flash of anger Monday as he discussed the impacts of a looming government shutdown and the so-called budget sequester on rank-and-file workers at the Justice Department.

"This has real-world consequences for the employees of this department, who have to pay mortgages, who have to pay car notes, who have to buy groceries and I think that is something that people as they're trying to make their political points need to keep in mind: there are good, hardworking Americans who are going to suffer because of this dysfunction—and I’m mad about that," Holder said, jabbing his index finger towards reporters as he expressed his ire.

Blame for the budget disorder lies "primarily" with the House of Representatives, said the attorney general—who found himself at such disagreement with the GOP-led House last year that it voted to hold him in contempt of Congress.

"I have to say that this is something it seems to me can be worked through. People are trying to make a polticial point and I’m trying to run a Justice Department," a frustrated Holder said. "We’re trying to keep the American people safe. We're trying to keep crime down."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/09/holder-gets-mad-about-shutdown-impact-173881.html?hp=l3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Attorney General Eric Holder gets 'mad' about shutdown impact
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:39:00 am »
 who can he sue ovet it?  :tongue2: :tongue2:!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:43:19 am »
Attorney General Eric Holder gets 'mad' ...

Good! He can join the club! I'md that he isn't disbarred and serving a prison sentence!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:46:32 am »
Oh f*cking well
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:47:43 am »
Holder is a perfect example of the merging of Affirmative Action and the Peter Principle. 

And an Obama throne-sniffer par excellence.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:43 am »
Holder is a perfect example of the merging of Affirmative Action and the Peter Principle. 

And an Obama throne-sniffer par excellence.

LOL!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Goodun Sink! and VERY true!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 01:13:56 am »
All well and good....but I would still keep an eye on this POS. 

Two eyes, even!

He's coming after the Tea Party, perhaps?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald