Author Topic: Sen. King: Conservatives dissuading people from Obamacare ‘guilty of murder’  (Read 805 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Conservative groups advising Americans not to sign up for the Obamacare exchanges “are guilty of murder,” according to Maine independent Sen. Angus King.

King, who caucuses with the Democrats, told Salon in an interview published Monday that efforts to dissuade young people from signing up is a “scandal,” and a deadly one.

“That’s a scandal — those people are guilty of murder in my opinion,” King said in a Friday interview with Salon’s Brian Beutler. “Some of those people they persuade are going to end up dying because they don’t have health insurance.”...

“Enabling more people to get coverage is not just common sense, it’s humane,” King said. “To me it boils down to a moral question, and that is would you allow someone sitting in front of you on the subway to die, or would you take some action — call 911 or a doctor or do CPR yourself. Most people would say no I would not allow someone to die. You have to realize that as a society we’re answering ‘yes’ to 25,000 a year who are dying before our eyes and saying we don’t care."

There are no words.

None.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/sen-king-conservatives-dissuading-people-from-obamacare-guilty-of-murder/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

King is getting on my last nerve. Change parties already.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
King used to be good on national defense stuff and quiet on everything else.  Now he's just become an insufferable RINO.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cincinnatus

I'm sorry, my friends. You have the wrong a-hole. This is Senator Angus King from out of Maine. He claims he's an independent but caucuses with the Dems.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Yeah, you're right.  Sad that we all thought it was Rep. King from NY.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton