Author Topic: GOP Rep Blasts CNN Anchor: 'Are You Here to Give Us a Tirade?'  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

GOP Rep Blasts CNN Anchor: 'Are You Here to Give Us a Tirade?'
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:48 pm »
You go, Oceander.

CNN's Ashleigh Banfield scolded two Republican congressmen for bringing the U.S. economy "to the brink," and one of them retorted that she was giving them a "tirade."

"[W]hy connect the funding of the government, the entire U.S. economy, why bring it to this brink? Why not do it at all of the other times? All of the other 100-plus congresses have been able to fund the government," Banfield asked Rep. Oceander Rohrabacher (R-Calif.). [Video below the break. Audio here.] [at link]

Except not all other congresses have funded the government. There have been 17 government shutdowns and funding gaps since 1976. And Rohrabacher didn't like Banfield blaming Republicans for a possible shutdown.

"[Y]ou're telling your listeners that we Republicans are holding this up, and the government is going to shut down. We have actually reached out to the Democrats with a compromise position," he responded. Banfield answered that she was, in fact, blaming them.

"Congressman, that's not fair. Don't you dare put this back on me," Banfield fired back. "You know full well you attached ObamaCare and defunding it."

"Am I a guest on a news show, or are you here to give us a tirade? Let me finish my sentence," Rohrabacher insisted. "Excuse me, do your listeners understand this is the same thing we're putting up with with the Senate? We offer a compromise, they won't

Below is a transcript of the segment, which aired on Legal View on Septembe 30 at 11:15 a.m. EDT:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/09/30/gop-rep-blasts-cnn-anchor-are-you-here-give-us-tirade
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

Re: GOP Rep Blasts CNN Anchor: 'Are You Here to Give Us a Tirade?'
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »
Dopey Canadian tramp!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:26 pm »
Looks like at least SOME members of the republican party have grown a pair!

Hallelujah!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »
Is that liberal smart-a** still around?   
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »
Good to see Repub's fighting back for a change...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 07:46:41 pm »
Good to see Repub's fighting back for a change...

It is indeed. When dealing with the mainstream news media, Republicans ought never forget that they are actually dealing with the Democrat Party - there is no difference.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »
It is indeed. When dealing with the mainstream news media, Republicans ought never forget that they are actually dealing with the Democrat Party - there is no difference.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:55 pm »
What a nasty piece of work Banfield is. She was fired once, but dead fish are the most noticeable. She trapped those two republicans, and was grandstanding for her audience, playing the gotcha game. I doubt the viewers were impressed by the beyotch.