Author Topic: Barrasso: ‘Duct tape and chicken wire’ holding ObamaCare together  (Read 961 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/video/sunday-shows/325355-barrasso-duct-tape-and-chicken-wire-holding-together-obamacare-exchanges

Barrasso: ‘Duct tape and chicken wire’ holding ObamaCare together (Video)
By Kyle Balluck - 09/29/13 01:01 PM ET

Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) on Sunday said that ObamaCare insurance exchanges set to go live this week “are being held together right now with duct tape and chicken wire.”

The physician said on CNN’s “State of the Union” that consumers are in for a case of sticker shock, adding that Americans will have difficulty finding a doctor to care for them.

“The president made a couple of promises. One with the exchanges, and he said it would be cheaper than a cell phone bill. And I don't expect a lot of people to be able to find something less than $71 a month on the exchanges,” he said.

“People are going to be paying more. And he said … if you have your doctor and you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. We're seeing all across the country exchanges that trying to get the price down have had to exclude many doctors.”

Barrasso rattled off a list of states with exchange problems, including Vermont, Oregon and the District of Columbia.

“This law is unworkable. It's unpopular. It is unaffordable for us as a nation. It's hurting jobs. It's hurting the economy. And now, what I'm hearing and I was at a health fair in Wyoming yesterday, it is unfair,” Barrasso said.

“Someone said to me why is it that the president is going to give my boss a one-year delay? The bosses are getting a delay, but the workers are not. And we need a delay in the individual mandate.”

Senators on Monday are expected to consider a stopgap spending bill approved by the House early Sunday that delays ObamaCare for one year.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Barrasso: ‘Duct tape and chicken wire’ holding ObamaCare together
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:43 pm »
“Someone said to me why is it that the president is going to give my boss a one-year delay? The bosses are getting a delay, but the workers are not. And we need a delay in the individual mandate.”

It won't matter because the penalties (employer and individual) are cheaper than buying the insurance...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan