Author Topic: Exclusive–Palin: Flushing Critters and Retrieving 2014  (Read 1882 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive–Palin: Flushing Critters and Retrieving 2014
« on: September 28, 2013, 03:18:20 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/28/Flushing-Critters-and-Retrieving-2014

by Sarah Palin 28 Sep 2013, 4:53 AM PDT

A simple fact is missing from all the media hysteria and political establishment temper tantrums over Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee’s attempt to defund Obamacare.

Americans are getting slammed by Obamacare right now. Workforces are decimated as health care prices rise. Public opinion is on our side. If now was not the time to unite and fight it, when was? Those who are attacking Cruz and Lee’s efforts have forgotten how negotiations are won.

Use as an example the negotiations a governor of energy-rich Alaska must engage in with powerful multinational oil tycoons. In my experience, I found that the key to achieving success for the people you’re elected to serve is to take a firm position, stand solid, and negotiate from there when the other guy is ready to take you seriously. You fight as hard as you can with whatever small edge you’ve got until the other guy respects you enough to wise up, sit down, and come to a mutually acceptable agreement. You get nothing at all if you preemptively surrender before the battle even commences.

Imagine how much stronger the GOP’s hand would have been if every Republican (and those Democrats who’ve finally admitted Obamacare’s devastating flaws) stood together against cloture in order to prevent Harry Reid from cutting off debate and stripping Obamacare defunding from the bill?

Not only would there have been pressure on red state Democrats up for re-election to join the right cause, there would have been pressure on Reid and the White House to negotiate agreements. Even if the GOP couldn’t have defunded all of Obamacare, they could have negotiated some relief for average Americans who now feel they can do nothing but brace for the coming train wreck. We average Americans know we’ll never get the exemptions and favors Obama gave his political cronies and Congress, but any relief for the middle class would have been welcomed.

But Republicans got nothing from squabbling with each other and denouncing (on and off the record) the brave men who tried to do something.

Ted Cruz and Mike Lee fought to fulfill the campaign promises every Republican made, and their actions have been revelatory for all of us.

Hunters know what flushing dogs do. Cruz and Lee were acting as the grassroots’ flushing dogs. Their actions showed us who was willing to stand up for hard working Americans and who wasn’t. We thank Senators Vitter, Paul, Crapo, Enzi, Fischer, Roberts, Scott, Heller, Grassley, Toomey, Moran, Rubio, Shelby, Risch, Inhofe, Portman, and Sessions for standing with Cruz and Lee.

In 2010, a galvanized grassroots rallied against Obamacare to carry Republicans to victory. But in 2012, many in the grassroots stayed home, and we saw how that turned out for the GOP.

Unfortunately, the message of some politicians today seems to be: “Whoopsie, seems I can’t fulfill my election promises, but vote for me again and I promise to do what I promised last time.”

Sorry, that doesn’t cut it. America, you deserve better. If they can’t do anything with the power you gave them through their elected office, then you deserve someone else to give it a try.

2014 is just around the corner, and we’re ready for it. Support those who do us a favor by flushing out politicians wanting to hide. Retrieving liberty must be the point in all this.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Exclusive–Palin: Flushing Critters and Retrieving 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »
Unfortunately, the message of some politicians today seems to be: “Whoopsie, seems I can’t fulfill my election promises, but vote for me again and I promise to do what I promised last time.”

Sorry, that doesn’t cut it. America, you deserve better. If they can’t do anything with the power you gave them through their elected office, then you deserve someone else to give it a try.

Americans need to listen to her. Unfortunately, she is a beautiful, intelligent woman, and we can't have that, can we? /s

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »
2014 is just around the corner, and we’re ready for it. Support those who do us a favor by flushing out politicians wanting to hide. Retrieving liberty must be the point in all this.

Says the governor who quit halfway through her only term as governor.......talk about wanting to hide.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:17:25 pm »
Americans need to listen to her. Unfortunately, she is a beautiful, intelligent woman, and we can't have that, can we? /s

I'll listen to her with NO problem!

She's singin of the same sheet of music I've been singing of of for years now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »
I'll listen to her with NO problem!

She's singin of the same sheet of music I've been singing of of for years now!

So will most thinking conservatives.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »
My MIL is a huge lib. Cannot bring up Palin in the house. She tows the leftwing line how stupid Sara is.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 06:50:44 pm »
Latest PPP poll of GOP voters, says Cruz leads with 20% for 2016 potus, and 39% consider themselves "very conservative."

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/09/cruz-emerges-as-gop-leader.html

(Therefore,  80% prefer somebody other than Cruz, and that 61% don't consider themselves "very conservative.")

Other polls reveal that 80% of all voters, object to using risk of government shutdown as political bargaining ploy.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/government-shutdown-unacceptable-poll/2013/09/26/id/527862

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »
Says the governor who quit halfway through her only term as governor.......talk about wanting to hide.

That has been addressed time and time again, but to no avail.

That is another Liberal pattern he constantly employs. Make a claim, have it refuted by contravening facts, ignore the refutation entirely, make a claim, and make it, make it, make it...
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 07:05:10 pm »

That has been addressed time and time again, but to no avail.

That is another Liberal pattern he constantly employs. Make a claim, have it refuted by contravening facts, ignore the refutation entirely, make a claim, and make it, make it, make it...

For some people her name is like a moth to a flame, never mind what the actual FACTS are... sort of like the Akin was a Tea Party candidate meme which is also so popular.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 07:11:22 pm »
Another good example of this tactic: sort of like the Akin was a Tea Party candidate meme which is also so popular.

I recall it also being deployed against President Bush on any number of occasions.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »
For some people her name is like a moth to a flame, never mind what the actual FACTS are... sort of like the Akin was a Tea Party candidate meme which is also so popular.

I consider those kinds of posts as spam, since it's the same thing over and over. I ignore them.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »
I consider those kinds of posts as spam, since it's the same thing over and over. I ignore them.

They are spam, basically as they are a very shallow level of discourse.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »
Want another one (as if you need it)? "Nazi enabler"