Author Topic: Dad Faces Prison After Roughing Up Alleged Naked Voyeur Peering Into Daughters' Room  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Ready for this one? America just gets nuttier and nuttier.

He was just trying to defend his young daughters – and now he could be facing stiff jail time.

Emilio Chavez III was at his New Mexico home when he heard a noise at about 2:30 a.m. and found a man naked, groaning and peering into the window of a room shared by his two teenage daughters.

Chavez became so angry, according to the Albuquerque Journal, that he began chasing the alleged prowler and a fight ensured. Dylan Maho was badly beaten by Chavez, his son and a son’s friend. Maho was left hospitalized in critical condition, though his health eventually improved and he was upgraded to stable.

Maho was charged with felony voyeurism by Albuquerque police. He faces two years in prison.

But Chavez is not out of the woods himself. He could be charged for aggravated battery, a felony, and faces more jail time than the alleged peeping Tom he caught looking into his daughters’ window. If convicted, he could be sentenced to three years in prison.

"We've got a father, a young father, who could lose everything because of this one person," Chavez’s neighbor, Michael Salter, told KOAT7.

Police say Chavez broke the law when he decided to take matters into his own hands.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/09/11/dad-faces-prison-after-roughing-up-alleged-naked-voyeur-peering-into-daughters/?intcmp=obinsite
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
All it will take is one parent on the jury and he'll never be found guilty.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

I agree, Cincinnatus.

The world's gone mad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Here's the disgusting bastard:

Looks like he got off far too lightly.

Online mountaineer

I remember an FBI profiler telling my class of ass't prosecuting attys that peeping Toms almost always eventually attempt rape.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org