Author Topic: Mom Jogging With Baby in Stroller Fights Off Attacker With Bike Pump  (Read 880 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Well, God bless this woman.

WASHINGTON HEIGHTS — A woman jogging in a park while pushing her 8-month-old son in a stroller Friday morning turned the tables on a would-be attacker, hitting him over the head with a tire pump and sending him packing, she said.

Mary Jane Jarman, 33, a stay-at-home mom from Washington Heights, was jogging home on the Hudson River Greenway near the Henry Hudson Parkway and 190th Street at 9:30 a.m. Friday after dropping her daughter off at school when a man jumped out from a behind a wall holding a broken glass bottle, she said.

"Come here, come here," the man told Jarman, who said she began to run for her life, making it about 100 yards down the path before he grabbed her in a bear hug and took her down to the ground, knocking over the stroller in the process.

"I started screaming, trying to attract attention. He came at me," said Jarman, who spoke to DNAinfo New York after speaking to detectives at the 34th Precinct stationhouse.

Jarman said she managed to struggle free and reached for a hand-held bike pump she had in the stroller, bashing the attacker over the head two or three times, until he began to bleed.

"I kept hitting him," she said, showing the shattered pieces of what remained of the black and silver metal bike pump, which she said she always packs in her stroller "to defend myself."

She said her first thought was to protect her 8-month old son, Thane, who lay silent in the stroller beside her during the attack.

"I was protecting him with my life," she said.

Here's a description of the perp though something seems to be missing but I can't figure out what it is.

Police said they are searching for the attacker, who Jarman said was dressed in a light blue thermal jacket, a red visor and glasses. The visor and glasses fell off during the struggle, she said.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130927/washington-heights/mom-jogging-with-baby-stroller-fights-off-attacker-with-bike-pump
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline raml

Re: Mom Jogging With Baby in Stroller Fights Off Attacker With Bike Pump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »
Good for her I hope she cracked his skull.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Mom Jogging With Baby in Stroller Fights Off Attacker With Bike Pump
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:24:58 pm »
Here's a description of the perp though something seems to be missing but I can't figure out what it is.

Amish yoots again.

Take something a little more deadly than a bike pump next time Sister...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 07:26:33 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan