Author Topic:  (Read 1735 times)

famousdayandyear

« on: September 27, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
But continue to turn the other cheek, by all means.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
My God!   

If ever a war was justified, it is Kenya and its allies declaring war against Somalia.   End that fast preading cancer now, because if we don't it will happen here at one of our malls.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »
My God!   

If ever a war was justified, it is Kenya and its allies declaring war against Somalia.   End that fast preading cancer now, because if we don't it will happen here at one of our malls.

I would imagine that's why Israel was involved.  When you want something done.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:04:30 AM »
nuke mecca
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
nuke mecca

Twice.....cause you can never be too sure!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
But continue to turn the other cheek, by all means.

My God!   

"[T]hou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them" -- Deut. 7: 2

I'm with ONC.  I believe that Christ's teaching to turn the other cheek does not mean that a person has to stand by while they or their neighbors are being brutally attacked and murdered.  If all of the good are dead, there will be no cheeks left to turn.

Obviously, the Deuteronomy quote is OT, but I believe it still has to apply in some instances.  When a predatory culture pursues the most innocent (after having said & shown repeatedly that they will do so) and commits such barbaric acts, it's time to take decisive action.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:27:05 AM by rb224315 »
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »
And what would 'God' see if he came down into earth orbit and saw how the United States has embraced "Gay Rights"..."Gay Marriage", and is intentionally destroying the quality of life of MILLIONS of American families in the name of "fairness".

'God' is going to hit the re-set button.  We've become Sodom and Gomorrah.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »
The subject is the unbridled brutality of Islam which is mistakenly categorized as a 'religion'.  Rather Islam is a theocratic/political system of ruling by inflicting terror, intimidation and domination on populations who cannot defend themselves.

Events such as reported by the Daily Mail occur *daily* in many parts of the world, but rarely reported (except by the foreign press).

The longer its tactics are ignored by Western civilized societies, the bolder and more aggressive it will become--until it hits us in the face:  AGAIN

Offline raml

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Turn the other cheek had a totally different meaning back in the days of Jesus. It was more of a ignore being slandered or personally provoked. It does not mean we shouldn't fight back when being physically attacked or when a pagan cult tries to take over a country or abuses and tortures people. People who use that saying to stay out of conflicts are way out touch with reality.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »
Turn the other cheek had a totally different meaning back in the days of Jesus. It was more of a ignore being slandered or personally provoked. It does not mean we shouldn't fight back when being physically attacked or when a pagan cult tries to take over a country or abuses and tortures people. People who use that saying to stay out of conflicts are way out touch with reality.

That may be correct but we witness time after time of Christians not fighting back, not even from Hindus.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:38:39 PM by olde north church »

famousdayandyear

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
It was in the eleventh century the Knights Templar were organized to defend the peoples of the Holy Lands--the early Christians (ie the Catholics).  Those were the days of the Church Militant.  The Knights of course disbanded (although their legacy of the creation of hospitals) remains.  Today there are NO defenders of innocent believers, unless Pope Francis would by some miracle reinstitutes them.

The Egyptian Copts (the earliest community of Catholics) are virtually without protection; Assad has protected the Alawites (a particular ethic ancient sect combining Catholic and Persian beliefs) as well as Syrian Catholics are now under ruthless attack.  Hopeless for Christians in Pakistan and various African countries.

Islam is a scourge on the civilization of man.  There is no one to stop it.

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
These are Obama's people.
 **nononono*
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 07:43:35 PM »
These are Obama's people.
 **nononono*
yep ...this why  I believe every law abiding  American should own  at least one firearm and know how to use it.What if the store keepers in Kenya had been able keep at  lest one semi auto  rifle  or shotgun in the back
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
Yet the Early Christians became arena bait at the Coliseum, martyrs over the centuries and still refuse to defend themselves.  As mentioned above, the only group with the spine to defend themselves, extremely well, were the Templar.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »
[[ The subject is the unbridled brutality of Islam which is mistakenly categorized as a 'religion'.  Rather Islam is a theocratic/political system of ruling by inflicting terror, intimidation and domination on populations who cannot defend themselves. ]]

Agreed. As such, it does not deserve the protection of The First Amendment of the Constitution. I honestly believe that that the following language should be added thereto:
"The followers of Mohammed shall not have the protection of this amendment, nor of this Constitution". And yes, I meant what I said, and said what I meant.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 09:03:51 PM »
Bringing us back in on topic, why the hell is the mainstream news media not telling us the truth?   I heard the other day from one of the them that the terrorist killed their victims execution style, one shot to the head. One shot to the head would have been a pleasurable way to go out in comparison to what really happened.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »
[[ The subject is the unbridled brutality of Islam which is mistakenly categorized as a 'religion'.  Rather Islam is a theocratic/political system of ruling by inflicting terror, intimidation and domination on populations who cannot defend themselves. ]]

Agreed. As such, it does not deserve the protection of The First Amendment of the Constitution. I honestly believe that that the following language should be added thereto:
"The followers of Mohammed shall not have the protection of this amendment, nor of this Constitution". And yes, I meant what I said, and said what I meant.

It shouldn't be this way, not in America but I can't help but be more watchful and suspicious of the multi-family group of Somali Muslims who moved in across the street from me a year ago. They hold Muslim services in their home on weekends and what happens is  five or six vans full of them to pull up and empty out and into the house during these weekends.  In all probability they are probably moderates and completely harmless, but with events like the Mall massacre, I am not going to apologize for watching what is going on there a little closer. 

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 08:04:59 AM »
In all probability they are probably moderates and completely harmless, but with events like the Mall massacre, I am not going to apologize for watching what is going on there a little closer.
Or they could be plotting a terror event, who knows? They certainly warrant scrutiny.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf