Author Topic: Tea Party support falls to near-record low  (Read 1009 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Tea Party support falls to near-record low
« on: September 26, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Re: Tea Party support falls to near-record low
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
When the objective of a movement is "let's just burn it all down," there should be no surprise that 78% of the country wants nothing to do with it.

Cruz won't win a primary with those kinds of numbers, let alone an election.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »
I think GOPBR should throw a big celebration when Congress's own approval rating crashes through its current 7% ceiling.

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:49 AM »
When the objective of a movement is "let's just burn it all down," there should be no surprise that 78% of the country wants nothing to do with it.

Guess what?

The supposedly low numbers don't mean a thing to the "tea party"....because THERE AIN'T NO "TEA PARTY"!

Oh.....'they' are out there....but there's no formal organization.  Most "Tea Party" members don't even realize they're members.

But they will be there next election day....bet on it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:29:17 AM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:58 AM »
Guess what?

The supposedly low numbers don't mean a thing to the "tea party"....because THERE AIN'T NO "TEA PARTY"!

Oh.....'they' are out there....but there's no formal organization.  Most "Tea Party" members don't even realize they're members.

But they will be there next election day....bet on it.

No they won't.  It's the tea party that elected Obama by staying home on election day in 2012.  They'll do it again in 2014 and think they're doing something "noble" and "principled" when all they're doing is shooting themselves.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »

Twenty-Two percent support the Tea party.  What percent of those are Republicans?  Probably 100%.    Republicans constitute approximately 40% of the US population.  Based on those facts, the Tea Party likely is a majority of Republican voters.

If Cruz can lock down the Tea Party Voters, Cruz should win most of the GOP primaries.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »

Twenty-Two percent support the Tea party.  What percent of those are Republicans?  Probably 100%.    Republicans constitute approximately 40% of the US population.  Based on those facts, the Tea Party likely is a majority of Republican voters.

If Cruz can lock down the Tea Party Voters, Cruz should win most of the GOP primaries.

You go right ahead and believe that if it makes you feel good.   

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
Lesson for the tea partiers:  How's Obama workin' out for ya?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 11:32:33 AM »

The Tea Party activists who comprise a large part of the GOP's base are hated by Progressives of both the Democrat and Republican parties.  They are falsely accused of being anarchists (and worse) because they dare to challenge the permanent political class. I see that even Republicans have adopted the Straw Man arguments so favored by Obama in order to disparage them and mischaracterize their arguments.

If you believe in reducing the size of our Federal government to what it was, say, in 1980 - you're an "anarchist" who want to "burn it down". If you maintain that Medicaid and Social Security spending cannot be maintained - you are a "radical". And you hate old people.

Two words: Horse. Shit.

The truth is that the leaders of both parties now firmly believe in big government (enriching themselves at our expense) and will refuse all reforms to unsustainable spending programs; denying that they are unsustainable even in the face of mathematics, as though it were a matter of opinion. I have news for them - math always wins. There is not enough money in the world to pay our unfunded liabilities even now - and we will not grow our way out of it. Tea Party people are the only ones willing to tell our Emperors that they have no clothes.

Unsurprisingly, the Emperors don't like it.  That includes the news media.

And by the way - blaming the Tea Party for Obama's victory in 2012 might just be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I worked the phones for weeks for Mitt Romney, making thousands upon thousands of calls. And guess who was manning the phones in all of the offices I visited? Tea Party members, that's who -and Romney wasn't nearly our first choice. And you know what the number one complaint was about Romney among the people I spoke to? That he didn't seem to stand for anything. That he didn't really seem to be a conservative. And so, he did not inspire people to come to the polls in sufficient numbers to overcome the Democrats well-oiled fraud machine. 

Activists are the ones who turn out the vote. There are people who actually get off their asses to help save America, as opposed to those who bloviate about how we conservatives shouldn't be so "angry" or "divisive". Screw that. My country is being destroyed, by increasing degrees.

And if GOP Progressives don't like it, they need to get the hell out of the Republican Party, because America doesn't need Tweedledum and Tweedledee as their only remaining choices.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Lesson for the tea partiers:  How's Obama workin' out for ya?

Last I checked, neither McCain or Romney were Tea Party candidates.  They were much closer to your political ideology.... and lost. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »
Last I checked, neither McCain or Romney were Tea Party candidates.  They were much closer to your political ideology.... and lost.  :beer:
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 02:48:02 PM »
Keep in mind that thanks to the IRS most of the "Tea Party" groups have never received their 501c status and have been unable to fundraise or do much activism as a result.  By contrast the progressive anti-GOP, anti-Tea Party groups all breezed to their 501c's and get financial support from Soros...    ergo I take reports like this with a grain of salt. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf