Author Topic: Axelrod: GOP follows Cruz like lemmings  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Olivia

Axelrod: GOP follows Cruz like lemmings
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:21:28 pm »
Former White House adviser David Axelrod on Tuesday accused Republicans of behaving “lemming-like” in their fealty to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and the Tea Party wing that’s threatening a government shutdown over President Obama’s healthcare law.

“Does Ted Cruz have a constituency in the Republican Party as a result of this [threat]?,” Axelrod asked on MSNBC. 

“The answer is obviously yes … Why are all those primary candidates … when you look at these primary candidates, all of whom are taking the position, this crazy lemming-like position that Cruz is advocating, it gives you a sense of where the Republican Party is at and I think there’s going to be a hell of a battle in 2016 over who is actually in control of that party.”
------
Many see Cruz’s tactic as a losing proposition because there is no chance the president will sign a funding resolution that kills his signature legislation. Some conservatives are also worried that the political blowback against the GOP will be severe.

“Yes, the leaders of the party are taking a sensible position by opposing this, but the rank and file are taking a different position,” Axelrod continued. “At least the activists in that party and that’s going to be a big battle coming into the next presidential race.”

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/324113-axelrod-gop-follows-cruz-qlemming-likeq-off-cliff

Yeah, John McCain might just find out he's not the leader of the party, Mitch McConnell might as well retire because he's useless to the party and Lindsey might be in for a surprise in South Carolina.   
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:22:01 pm by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Axelrod: GOP follows Cruz like lemmings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »
Former Howard Dean campaign manager, Joe Trippi was on Fox this morning and said while Cruz will lose the fight he is winning the over-all battle with this fight because voters are tired of sending people to DC to work for them only to see them work for the lobbyists.. he expressed grudging respect for Cruz and said this helps him much more than it hurts him.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:42:15 pm »
Ted Cruz doesn't have as many followers as he thinks. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:20:00 pm »

Ted has enough followers to scare the heck out of republicans and democrats, and after today, he will have a lot more.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:46 pm »
Democrats follow Obama like lemmings.

(but we just criticize republicans, here)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:13 pm »
The cult of personality surrounding The Won is okay, though.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »
Democrats follow Obama like lemmings.

(but we just criticize republicans, here)

I don't care what they have behind their name - a D or R if they are selling America down the tubes for their own personal gains I will not support them.  Christie wants to support CAIR, etc... fine but do not ever expect me to support someone who supports people like that in this day and age after 911.  If McCain wants to get rich off the DC lobby establishment and give the middle finger to Arizona who sent him there to represent us -- fine, but I will never ever mark the box for him again... ever... I have a brain, I am not a lemming... Democrats are all mind-numbed lemmings.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »
Axelrod calling Republicans 'lemmings', is like Putin calling America 'communists'.

Everything is upside down and backwards. You just have to wonder about these D.C. guys. I just don't understand how they don't just burst into flame.

How do these people live? with themselves? How do they look in a mirror?

Interesting times...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »
The problem with Axelrod's assertion is that many of the members of the GOP aren't following Cruz like lemmings. His most vocal critics (outside the Jackass of the Senate, Mr. Reid himself) are Republicans. Heck, it wasn't even a given that the House would even send the defunding bill.

Axelrod isn't telling the truth... of course, in politics, that is an asset.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Olivia

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »
Axelrod calling Republicans 'lemmings', is like Putin calling America 'communists'.

Everything is upside down and backwards. You just have to wonder about these D.C. guys. I just don't understand how they don't just burst into flame.

How do these people live? with themselves? How do they look in a mirror?

Interesting times...

I have asked myself these questions, but greed and power rule Washington but for a few exceptions. 
I posted on another board for a long time, but the owner would get upset if you criticized Boehner, McConnell, or any of the republicans that stay in the news.
McCain, Graham, etc., but what have any of the above mentioned done for average Americans during this term in office?  They are not loyal to the party, less alone the people that sent them to serve. 
They have lost their way and anyone paying attention knows it.  I hope they all get thrown out of office and replaced with some new conservative blood.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »
Wasn't Axelrod saying just a month ago, or so, that republicans followed El Rushbo like lemmings?  Very creative guy, isn't he? :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 08:56:00 pm »

Wow.  Good to see you're finally up.  I've missed your Ted bashing.  You provide such predictable and welcome comic relief.

Thanks!!   :thumbsup:

Offline happyg

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »
Last night, Cruz got millions of tweets, more than anyone ever. And, this was around 12 am. The tweets kept coming in his favor, even after he was finished. He has millions of followers, a heckuva lot more than McCain or Graham.

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:18 am »
Yes he does have millions of followers and I am one of them. God Bless Ted Cruz and the other few senators and representatives who actually fight for the people. We are so so tired of the old timer politicians who are only out for themselves.