Author Topic: Car thief's horrible miscalculation turns out to be deadly after he targeted armed former marine  (Read 1035 times)

rangerrebew

Car Thief’s Horrible Miscalculation Turns Out to Be Deadly After He Targeted Armed Former Marine – Who Was Just as Heroic as You’d Expect

Sep. 24, 2013 4:15pm Jason Howerton

A former Marine in Maple Valley, Wash., didn’t expect to encounter a car thief breaking into his truck as he prepared to walk his dog Tuesday morning. Then again, the thief didn’t expect to run into an armed former Marine either.

The thief, identified only as a 27-year-old male, and his girlfriend were reportedly driving a stolen Honda with stolen plates when they decided to break into a pickup truck. As the owner of the truck, the former Marine, came out to walk his dog, he saw the crime in progress and confronted the criminals.

In an instant, guns were drawn and bullets were flying through the air. The former Marine was deadly accurate, hitting the male suspect several times before he could hide behind the truck. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

The former Marine, identified by KING5 as “Keenan,” 24, was also just as heroic as you’d expect someone with such a distinction to be.

His aunt reportedly witnessed the attempted carjacking and is positive her nephew’s brave actions saved her life.

“He shoved me out of the way when the guy was going to shoot at us,” Kristen Hague told KOMO-TV. She also said it looked like the thief had a gun and Keenan “pushed me out of the way and yelled ‘gun!’ and I don’t think if he would have done that, I would be alive… I think he was defending me — I totally see it.”

More from KING5:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/24/car-thiefs-horrible-miscalculation-turns-out-to-be-deadly-after-he-targeted-armed-former-marine-who-was-just-as-heroic-as-youd-expect/

You just have to love good news stories like this!! :rolling:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:08:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline NavyCanDo

King 5 leads the story with BS, by saying he  "took the Law into his own hands".    To me that implies vigilantism, which is not what he did at all. He did what he could within the law to protect himself from an armed "and better armed" criminal. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

rangerrebew

That is the kind of response you would expect from an ultra liberal station in an ultraliberal state;  pity the poor car thief who also had a gun and fired at the victim of the robbery attempt. :bs: