Author Topic: McCain Bashes Cruz: 'All of Us Should Respect the Outcome of Elections'  (Read 2133 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/25/McCain-bashes-Cruz

25 Sep 2013, 11:44 AM PDT

On Wednesday afternoon, after Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) finished his quasi-filibuster on the floor of the Senate over his efforts to defund Obamacare, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) rose to rip Cruz. In the process, he proclaimed that Obamacare had been passed through fair process, and said that Republicans had to accept that “elections have consequences.” He stated:

I campaigned all over America for two months, everywhere I could. And in every single campaign rally I said "we had to repeal and replace Obamacare." Well, the people spoke. They spoke, much to my dismay, but they spoke and they re-elected the President of the United States. No that doesn’t mean that we give up our efforts to try to replace and repair Obamacare. But it does mean elections have consequences and those elections were clear, in a significant majority, that the majority of the American people supported the President of the US and renewed his stewardship of this country. I don’t like it, it’s not something that I wanted the outcome to be. But I think all of us should respect the outcome of elections, which reflects the will of the people.

This sort of weak-kneed thinking has led to Republican surrender time and time again without exhausting all available procedural options. President Obama was indeed re-elected, and the Democrats do indeed control the Senate. But the notion that Obama’s re-election is proof of the popularity of Obamacare is a massive fallacy, as is the idea that Republicans must not use whatever leverage they have at their disposal to fight the law. President Bush was re-elected in 2004. That did not stop Democrats from stymying his attempts at social security privatization.

McCain went even further, stating, “We fought as hard as we could in a fair and honest manner and we lost,” regarding Obacare. “One of the reasons was because we were in the minority, and in democracies, almost always the majority governs and passes legislation.” He said that Obamacare discussions represented “one of the most hard fought, fair, in my view, debates that has taken place on the floor of the Senate [over] the time I’ve been here.” Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) immediately said that Obamacare was not passed fairly; as a matter of fact, it was passed without a single Republican vote, in the dead of night, without releasing the text of the bill until just hours two days before the vote.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: McCain Bashes Cruz: 'All of Us Should Respect the Outcome of Elections'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »
So then why isn't McCain respecting the outcome of Cruz being elected and honoring the promise he made while running.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »
That is the same kind of "thinking" (respect the outcomes of elections) democrats used prior to the Civil War.  It's a good thing Lincoln saw the flaw and did something about it. :patriot:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »
I wonder if the Hilton will take back McCain.  Millions of Americans sure would appreciate it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:32:56 pm »
No.  We do not have to "respect" elections $#@$%........... that is why we are the "opposition" party!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:51:05 pm »
Why then, pray tell, Manchurian John, why didn't you vote for Obamacare?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:58:19 pm »
Not when an illegal to run man is elected by fraud to be our leader and then tries to destroy the country from within.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 02:49:24 am »
The more McCain opens his mouth, the stupider he sounds.  If one applies his statements re elections logically, then ultimately there cannot be any legitimate opposition to any pre-existing law, because opposing any pre-existing law, no matter how stupid, evil, or nonsensical, would be to disrespect the elections that put into power whomever passed those pre-existing laws.

I am beginning to be mighty disappointed in Arizonans for allowing this incompetent twit to continue occupying one of their valuable Senate seats.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 03:00:53 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 03:42:08 am »
The more McCain opens his mouth, the stupider he sounds.  If one applies his statements re elections logically, then ultimately there cannot be any legitimate opposition to any pre-existing law, because opposing any pre-existing law, no matter how stupid, evil, or nonsensical, would be to disrespect the elections that put into power whomever passed those pre-existing laws.

I am beginning to be mighty disappointed in Arizonans for allowing this incompetent twit to continue occupying one of their valuable Senate seats.

Go back in my posting history and look at my exchanges in 2010 with TS.  I wanted him gone.  I was given great opposition in my position by the Briefer from California.  What really upsets me is Jon Kyl did retire and he was a good, reliable conservative who frequently cancelled out McCain's votes.  If you look at my posts last year I stated Flake was running unopposed (McCain's doing) and we would be very sorry in AZ if he is the next senator....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:43:50 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Engrpat

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:03 pm »
Its not that I wish Senator McCain ill, but when the time comes I will enjoy reading his obituary.