Author Topic: Democrats run America's 10 poorest cities  (Read 1160 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats run America's 10 poorest cities
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »
Democrats Run America's Ten Poorest Cities

By Onan Coca   / 25 September 2013   / 26 Comments   

I have come to believe that chain emails may one day lead to the death of our society. Chain emails alone are responsible for the creation and the success of at least one popular website, snopes.com. Chain emails (and their ugly step-sister, the forward) are the bane of every email user’s technological needs. We must make ourselves more adept with modern technology so we have to use the internet and email… which leads us to receive junk mail at a level far worse than anything the old mainstay, snail mail, used to give us. But not all chain mail/forward/junk mail is bad; in fact, there are times when these pieces of technological dross are downright informative!

Recently, I received one example of the incredibly mysterious and rarely seen “informative” chain mail. It’s one of the more famous ones that have gone around in the last couple of years. In it, the author claims that the ten poorest cities in America have all be run into the ground by Democrat policies.

Here it is in its entirety…

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
 a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing
 the same thing over and over again and always
 expecting different results.”

I have received this message more times than I can count, and while I didn’t disbelieve the information, I was sure that the information was dubious in some way. But when I recently had it come into my email inbox again, I decided to dig a little deeper. What I found was that the information was accurate and that a famous political commentator had already written about the veracity of the list. Glenn Beck wrote about the problems in these cities way back in 2008, and his conclusion about the amazing list of cities? “We've talked a lot about "change" in this country recently, but there's a much more important catchphrase that we've neglected: "All politics is local." Maybe instead of focusing so much on who we put in charge of our country, we should focus more on who we put in charge of our cities.”

rundowncityThe Left, of course, laughs at the news that the ten poorest cities in the country are all run by Democrats. Meanwhile, they parrot the talking points of the liberal media by pretending that stories like this one, about the poorest states being Republican, actually mean something. The brilliant Mark Hendrickson expounded on both of these stories (you can read both of his pieces here and here) for Forbes magazine online, and his conclusion is this: “The most fundamental difference between the data that conservatives prefer—that the 10 poorest cities are longtime Democratic strongholds—and the data that liberals will be more inclined to cite—that the 10 poorest states are predominantly Republican, is that conservatives can point to actual policies that Democrats implemented that contributed to the impoverishment of the cities, while the liberals cannot point to specific GOP policies that have caused the poorer states to lag behind.”

While the most basic information may come to us by way of chain mail forwards, just a little digging shows that the truth is really as simple as it seems. See, the truth of the matter is this: Democrat policies are destroying our nation’s cities. If the voters in these cities are happy being poor and having little to no prospect of leaving poverty, then they are electing the right people. If they’d like the opportunity to climb out of poverty and build a middle-to-upper class legacy for their family, then they could start by electing people in whose interest it is to see them prosper -- conservatives.

Democrats win when the people are poor, conservatives win when the people prosper. That is the difference.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/1912/democrats-run-americas-ten-poorest-cities/#re2G0zEvLBKsYspP.99

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Democrats run America's 10 poorest cities
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »
Democrats Run America's Ten Poorest Cities

Was there a vowel accidentally left out of that headline? Shouldn't it read, Democrats RuIn America's Ten Poorest Cities?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »
If things don't change, democrats will be running one of the 10 poorest countries.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:52:17 pm »
If things don't change, democrats will be running one of the 10 poorest countries.

True. But according to Democrats, it will still be the Republicans' fault.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »
Skunks of an odor stink together.  Since they are in bed with each other, they have decided the tea party is the culprit and both sides are starting to use them as the whipping post.