Author Topic: School bans Duck Dynasty (to prevent violence)  (Read 854 times)

rangerrebew

School bans Duck Dynasty (to prevent violence)
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:56 pm »
School Bans Duck Dynasty

By Onan Coca   / 25 September 2013   

A school district in southern Virginia is finally standing up to stop violence in the school system. They have stepped forward to take definitive action against the latest scourge to school safety – Duck Dynasty t-shirts. We all know those dangerous fellows from the famous A&E reality show Duck Dynasty; those men who champion violence by supporting hunting and fishing, who champion misogyny by providing for their families in such a way that their wives can be stay-at-home mothers, who champion “hillbillyism” by keeping long, unkempt beards!

Thankfully, Dinwiddie High School, in Dinwiddie, Virginia is brave enough to take a stand against the backwards cultural values that teach our children to be responsible, self-sufficient, honest and hard-working.

Dinwiddie student, Hunter Spain, was told by the school that he could not wear the t-shirt because of the words printed on the front, “I Will Hurt You Physically and Metaphysically.” Of course, this had to be a blatant attempt by the young student to physically and metaphysically intimidate his fellow students into submission.

uncleSiI hope that it is obvious that everything I have written above is satire, and meant only in jest. I have no problem with a school or school district imposing clearly delineated dress standards upon their students; study after study shows that such standards often improve student productivity and school place demeanor. But this incident is instructive in showing us what has gone wrong within our school districts. When a t-shirt like this can disrupt a child’s school day, we must ask ourselves if perhaps, we have lost focus.

We have students cheating, bullying, engaging in sexual activity and selling drugs. We have students listening to foul music on campus, watching (and making) disturbing videos on campus and even some wearing clothes that actually disrupt the school day. Yet, this shirt with one of Uncle Si’s funnier quotes, is what the school decides to take action against?

It seems like the good folks at Dinwiddie High School may have misplaced their priorities

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/1915/school-bans-duck-dynasty/#lKQDbqGXwWKigVfP.99

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: School bans Duck Dynasty (to prevent violence)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:04 pm »
"I hope that it is obvious that everything I have written above is satire, and meant only in jest."

Satire, but he makes great points.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

rangerrebew

Re: School bans Duck Dynasty (to prevent violence)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »
The incident was real, him snide comments were the jest.