Author Topic: Cokie Roberts: ‘Some of This Tea Party Anger is Racist’  (Read 1158 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cokie Roberts: ‘Some of This Tea Party Anger is Racist’
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cokie-roberts-some-of-this-tea-party-anger-is-racist/

Cokie Roberts: ‘Some of This Tea Party Anger is Racist’
by Noah Rothman | 8:01 am, September 25th, 2013

On Wednesday, the hosts and guests of Morning Joe tackled new polls which showed President Barack Obama suffering in public job approval polls. They noted that the Republican Party, too, is not popular with the public. Contributor NPR Cokie Roberts attributed at least some of Obama’s falling polls to the GOP’s animus towards him which, she said, is motivated in part by racism.

Digging into recent polling data and Hillary Clinton’s political prospects ahead of the 2016 presidential contest, Roberts dismissed some of the disapproval of Obama and said that it would disappear when the Democrats next ran a white candidate.

“I also think, you know, just calling it, that some of this tea party anger is racist,” she said, “and that having a non-black person on the ticket will diffuse it to some degree.”

Joe Scarborough disagreed. He said that the anger directed at Bill Clinton in the 1990s in conservative circles was just as irrational as some of the anger directed at Obama.

Bloomberg columnist Al Hunt agreed with Roberts, saying that the shift towards the GOP among Appalachian voters in the last 15 years is indicative of a latent racial animus. Furthermore, he said, the fact that Clinton could be competitive in a state like West Virginia is its own indictment.

“Having grown up in the Deep South I’m always aware of those words that are there that are just different when you’re talking about someone of a different race,” Roberts added.

Watch the segment below via MSNBC:

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Cokie Roberts: ‘Some of This Tea Party Anger is Racist’
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »
Just shut up................ALL of you.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »
Bloomberg columnist Al Hunt agreed with Roberts, saying that the shift towards the GOP among Appalachian voters in the last 15 years is indicative of a latent racial animus. Furthermore, he said, the fact that Clinton could be competitive in a state like West Virginia is its own indictment
What? West Virginia - where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by at least 2:1- went for G. W. Bush, and his opponents were lily white.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »
I guess then that all of my Tea Party Friends didn't know Herman Cain was a black man. Because until the debates I think just about every one of them I knew sported Herman Cain bumper stickers, including myself.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:43:03 pm »
I guess then that all of my Tea Party Friends didn't know Herman Cain was a black man. Because until the debates I think just about every one of them I knew sported Herman Cain bumper stickers, including myself.

Same here. Cain everywhere.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:47:45 pm »
Same here. Cain everywhere.

Liked the guy, - still do.   But his 9-9-9 plan brought up during the debates went over like a lead baloon.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »
“Having grown up in the Deep South I’m always aware of those words that are there that are just different when you’re talking about someone of a different race,” Roberts added.

Said the racist without realizing that her assessment applied equally to her own racism...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:30:49 pm »
Liberals routinely employ ad hominem attacks (false accusations of evil character or motivation) so that they may avoid discussing the weakness of their own arguments.

They get away with it to the extent that few are willing to publicly name them as liars for doing so.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:33:11 pm »
Of course Cokie would never admit that 93% of blacks voting for Obama was racist. **nononono*