Author Topic: Within Senate GOP, frustration with Cruz  (Read 8555 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Within Senate GOP, frustration with Cruz
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 12:33:35 am »
[quote[Appeasement, as such, is not always due to poor character or evil intentions. Sometimes, people accept what they ought to fight simply because they are beaten down, or beaten up.

That, I believe is the case with Republicans who refuse to fight ObamaCare's implementation.[/quote]

Or, they believe there's another way to do it, a better way that doesn't involve shutting down the government and breathing new life into Obama's approval numbers.

We're not beaten down, beaten up, or appeasers.  We just disagree with Cruz's scorched earth approach.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:53 am »
Peter King just called Cruz a government terrorist, among the names he was called by McCain. The GOP is doing the name calling, and won't accept a patriot who is guided by principle, rather than the go-along to get-along social club.

Well, I'm no fan of Peter King, the former enabler of the Irish Republican Army.  Perhaps both sides should stop the name-calling. 

You make the same mistake Cruz does.  You assert that those who disagree with Cruz have no principle.  Now you don't actually believe that, but it makes you feel good.

Offline happyg

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 12:44:26 am »
You make the same mistake Cruz does.  You assert that those who disagree with Cruz have no principle.  Now you don't actually believe that, but it makes you feel good.

Don't tell me what makes me feel good. I don't feel good at all about what is happening to this country as a result of democrat/republican compromises. It makes me sick to my stomach. And, I wasn't merely talking about those who 'disagree' with Cruz, but those that call him names. He was duly elected, and is doing the job he promised to do. We can't ask for more than that, but we can ask the others to do more.

Offline evadR

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 02:21:49 am »
This quote was used on a previous thread.
I think it is quite apropos.

"Obviously you still don't get it, or choose not to, but I am unwilling to pursue the matter given that you are either obtuse, perhaps willfully so, or simply enjoy being a contrarian."
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2013, 02:26:00 am »
Well, I'm no fan of Peter King, the former enabler of the Irish Republican Army.  Perhaps both sides should stop the name-calling. 

Now you've got insight into other's internal, subjective beliefs?  Wow.  Why are you wasting your time here when you could be making millions in Vegas?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:36 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:48 am »
Don't tell me what makes me feel good. I don't feel good at all about what is happening to this country as a result of democrat/republican compromises. It makes me sick to my stomach. And, I wasn't merely talking about those who 'disagree' with Cruz, but those that call him names. He was duly elected, and is doing the job he promised to do. We can't ask for more than that, but we can ask the others to do more.

Sick to your stomach?   Really?  You need to take a break from politics.

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2013, 03:06:46 am »

Sick to your stomach?   Really?  You need to take a break from politics.

So do you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2013, 03:18:40 am »
So do you.

My stomach's fine. 

You and I both know happyg was being hyperbolic. 

Oceander

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2013, 03:19:48 am »
My stomach's fine. 

You and I both know happyg was being hyperbolic. 

Stomachs aren't the only tell-tales.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 05:24:50 am »
Karl Rove, no Ted Cruz cheerleader told Greta Cruz was very impressive, smart, funny, engaging and a lot of other adjectives I cannot remember..... he was impressed was the gist of the interview tonight.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 12:58:23 pm »
Karl Rove, no Ted Cruz cheerleader told Greta Cruz was very impressive, smart, funny, engaging and a lot of other adjectives I cannot remember..... he was impressed was the gist of the interview tonight.
hmmmm...compliments from Rove.
B E W A R E
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.