Author Topic: Obama says goal is to win house majority in 2014  (Read 733 times)

rangerrebew

Obama says goal is to win house majority in 2014
« on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:57 am »

Obama says goal is to win House majority in 2014

1:57 AM 09/25/2013

President Barack Obama told roughly 200 New York donors Tuesday that he’s using their money to win a Democratic majority for the House of Representatives in November 2014.

“I’m… going to be working as hard as I can to make sure that we have a Congress that is able in my last two years as President to get as much done as we got done in our first two years,” he said, reminding the 200 wealthy donors of his success in using Obamacare to impose government control over the nation’s health-care sector.

With Congress back under Democratic control, he said, Obama would be “making sure that America is the country that we all know it can become.”

The fundraiser took place at the Waldorf Astoria.

The pool report did not identify the donors.

Obama’s statements confirm his overriding political goal amid current fights over budgets, immigration, Obamacare and spending programs. The goal of wining the House back helps explain his relentlessly partisan rhetoric about guns, immigration and spending, and his continued fundraising in New York, California, Florida and other states.

“We can’t beat a [GOP] message of fear if [the Democratic] message isn’t delivered, if it’s not projected, if it’s not reaching people,” he declared.

In his statement to the donors, Obama downplayed the lousy economy, and promised further social engineering to raise the status of groups that vote for the Democratic Party.

“The good news is that when you look at the country and the direction we’re moving in, what you see is a country that’s becoming more tolerant, a country that’s becoming more inclusive, a country that understands there’s no contradiction between growing the economy and conserving this planet for the next generation,” he said.

“I know why I fight for the things I fight for, because I want to make sure that the values that all of you stand for and that you’re passing on to your kids, that those are the values that this whole country lives by, he said.

He also promised increased government spending.

“We could be doing a lot more… We could be rebuilding our roads and our bridges and our infrastructure… putting in place early-childhood education for every family in America…. cutting our deficits in sensible ways, not in ways that impede our growth,’ he said.

“We could be doing so much more if we had a Congress that was focused on you and not focused on politics day-to-day,” he claimed.

Follow Neil on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/25/obama-says-goal-is-to-win-house-majority-in-2014/#ixzz2fu0XkZll

Another way to say it: his goal is to speed up the destruction of America in 2014. :smokin: