Author Topic: '2 Broke Girls' Premiere: 'Texas Hates Women, Florida Hates Blacks'  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

I've never watched this show. Now know I never will.

The minds behind the CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls thought it might be clever to catch viewers up on what they missed during the summer hiatus. They also figured they could hammer home a pair of false liberal memes at the same time.

The show's season premiere Monday night featured Max the waitress (Kat Dennings) attending to a young male diner.

"I've been out of town all summer. Anything new?" the customer asked her.

Max proceeded to rattle off a series of pop culture anecdotes, name checking Chris Brown, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Justin Bieber and Oprah Winfrey before turning political.

"The NSA checks our phones like a crazy ex-girlfriend ..." she said, and then added, "Oh, and Texas hates women and Florida hates blacks."

The former refers to the abortion debates going on in the Lone Star state, while the latter revisits George Zimmerman's acquittal in Florida teen Trayvon Martin's death.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/09/24/2-broke-girls-texas-women

What fun.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: '2 Broke Girls' Premiere: 'Texas Hates Women, Florida Hates Blacks'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:43:53 am »
It's always been a flaming liberal POS of a show.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 12:15:44 pm »
Never saw the show, never will. But the promos make it look like the alternate title could be "2 Dirty Sluts".

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:13 pm »
What passes for comedy these days is pretty pathetic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TheMom

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »
I have watched parts of the show ~ I do love a good comedy.  This is not a good comedy.

I believe it is written by adolescent boys and the acting is horrid.

CBS keeps trash shows like this on the air, yet cancels a decent show like Vegas.  *sigh*
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05:38 am »
The only show I watch on CBS is the Big Bang Theory... 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:20:49 am »
In all fairness, it pretty much accurately portrays the typical New York City twentysomething woman: liberal, stupid and broke.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Olivia

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 12:03:36 pm »
In all fairness, it pretty much accurately portrays the typical New York City twentysomething woman: liberal, stupid and broke.

I might also add vulgar and disgusting dialog.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 12:18:28 pm »

As one who lived in NYC as a single man for three interminable years, I would note that "stupid, liberal and broke" were not even among their worst qualities, not at least in the go-go days of the early '80s.

I found many young women there to be shallow, manic-depressive and loudly opinionated. Perhaps it's all different now, but I tend to doubt it.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
The only show I watch on CBS is the Big Bang Theory...
That one annoys me, so my only CBS show is "Person of Interest."   ^-^

Offline Olivia

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 06:22:35 pm »
That one annoys me, so my only CBS show is "Person of Interest."   ^-^

But...but...what bout NCIS, NCIS Los Angles, Hawaii Five-0, and Blue Bloods?     :laugh: :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 08:13:08 pm »
No, no, no and no.
Or should I say,"No time!"

Offline Olivia

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 07:15:51 pm »
No, no, no and no.
Or should I say,"No time!"

Ok...but slow it down a little...enjoy more of the day... :laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 07:27:18 pm »
No don't like that show.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 12:24:48 am »
Ok...but slow it down a little...enjoy more of the day... :laugh:
Caught a minute or two of "Blue Bloods" last night and figured I'd probably enjoy it if actually watched an entire episode! One of these days, maybe.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 10:52:35 am »
One other note about 2 Broke Girls. It was created by a woman named Whitney Cummings. I have tried to watch some of her stuff before. Not only is it not funny, it's simply dirty and hedonistic. Now that her other TV projects have been canceled, you can probably see more of her crap work its way into this show.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »
One other note about 2 Broke Girls. It was created by a woman named Whitney Cummings. I have tried to watch some of her stuff before. Not only is it not funny, it's simply dirty and hedonistic. Now that her other TV projects have been canceled, you can probably see more of her crap work its way into this show.

My age must be showing. I'd rather watch some of the older re-runs of past shows than these new sit-coms with so much sexual language and political points.
I really wish we could pick and choose our channels.  Over two-thirds of them would be eliminated at my house.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:34:09 pm by Olivia »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »
I agree with you Olivia--today's sitcoms are so poorly written, they don't even deserve to be aired.  I don't know how many people live at your house, but you CAN do the "favorite channels" list thing if you have a cable provider. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:45 pm »
Last night we were momentarily "footballed out" and did a little channel surfing, alighting upon "Big Bang Theory" for a moment or two.  I realize it's a very popular show, but it was utterly unfunny. There was absolutely nothing funny about it. Nothing.  Despite the complete absence of humor, the obtrusive and annoyingly loud laugh track sounded after every single line of dialogue. We couldn't get back the football game quickly enough.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 04:48:46 pm »
Last night we were momentarily "footballed out" and did a little channel surfing, alighting upon "Big Bang Theory" for a moment or two.  I realize it's a very popular show, but it was utterly unfunny. There was absolutely nothing funny about it. Nothing.  Despite the complete absence of humor, the obtrusive and annoyingly loud laugh track sounded after every single line of dialogue. We couldn't get back the football game quickly enough.

I know what you mean.  I watched a few episodes when the show was new and Sheldon was funny in the beginning. Now, the story lines are just ridiculous and juvenile. Maybe I'm just showing my age.  My 15 year old niece loves the show.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:49:08 pm by Olivia »

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »

I know exactly what you mean.  I had the TV on in the background yesterday, and a Friends re-run came on.  Same exact thing--lousy, contrived one liners and a LOUD laugh track, and this is a show from the 90's!  I always thought Friends was one of the  most over-rated sitcoms ever.  Never watched Big Bang.  These new sitcoms nowadays advertise with clips of what's supposed to be the funniest parts, and they are so awful I am amazed this is what passes for good comedy anymore.

I guess all the good TV talent is being funneled into the drama shows--many of which are EXCELLENT.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »
I record Person of Interest.  What others do you suggest, Lipstick?

Mostly watch series on cable such as Showtime and Cinemax.  Strikeback is a great action series, strong R rating.  Ray Donovan was very good.
Banshee was great!

I need a storyline....but I also need gunfire and explosions.  And bad guys dying all around me.  LOL! 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:44:33 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 05:59:53 pm »
Lots of them get discussed here, DC.  What about Hell on Wheels?  Know of that one on AMC?  I've never seen it (a western) but people here like it.  The Bridge on TNT?  Low Winter Sun on AMC? 

One thing I am now doing is subscribing to Netflix streaming service- 7.99 a month and they stream a lot of good series, (I am still working on Breaking Bad but I am very slow at getting the series watched.  I even bring my trusty HDMI cord when I travel, so I can stream in hotels.  I am probably going to watch House of Cards next (Kevin Spacey--a Netflix series).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »
I know exactly what you mean.  I had the TV on in the background yesterday, and a Friends re-run came on.  Same exact thing--lousy, contrived one liners and a LOUD laugh track, and this is a show from the 90's!  I always thought Friends was one of the  most over-rated sitcoms ever.  Never watched Big Bang.  These new sitcoms nowadays advertise with clips of what's supposed to be the funniest parts, and they are so awful I am amazed this is what passes for good comedy anymore.

I guess all the good TV talent is being funneled into the drama shows--many of which are EXCELLENT.
Comedy has always been much tougher to pull off than drama, especially on a consistent basis. You can generally get a consistent response from people on how a drama pans out. However, everyone's taste in humor is different, and what's funny to some may not be so funny to others. That, and after a few years, you run out of jokes.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »
The last good comedy show was Home Improvement although Psych isn't bad.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton