Author Topic: CAIR releases ‘Islamophobia Report’: See who made the list  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

CAIR releases ‘Islamophobia Report’: See who made the list
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »
Almost every commentator and news organization the public considers even marginally conservative or holding traditional values was blasted as being anti-Islamic in a 149-page report released Thursday.

Taking a cue from Democrats and the mainstream media that if you’re critical of the president’s policies you must be a racist, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, known as CAIR, released a report Thursday calling its own critics, both real and imagined, “Islamophobes.”

If there’s any surprise in the report, it’s not that CAIR is making the accusation. The organization is known for its hypersensitivity and makes similar claims at the slightest provocation. The shocker in this case is how wides it cast its Islamophobic net.

The anti-Islamic outlets CAIR names include:  Fox News, The Washington Times, The Rush Limbaugh Show, The Mark Levin Show, National Review, Christian Broadcasting Network, Family Security Matters and the American Center for Law and Justice.

They’re among 32 groups CAIR listed as members of “Islamophobia network’s outer core,” comprised of “[g]roups or individuals whose primary purpose does not appear to include promoting prejudice against or hatred of Islam and Muslims but whose work regularly demonstrates or supports Islamophobic themes.”

The CAIR report named an additional 37 groups it calls “inner core” organizations, “whose primary purpose is to promote prejudice against or hatred of Islam and Muslims and whose work regularly demonstrates Islamophobic themes.”...

The “worst” list included:

- – Lieutenant General William G. “Jerry” Boykin (retired)
– Zuhdi Jasser and the American Islamic Forum for Democracy
– Herman Cain
– Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.)
– David Yerushalmi
– Former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.)
– Walid Shoebat and the Forum for Middle East Understanding
– State legislators who sponsored anti-Islam legislation
– The Clarion Fund
– David Caton and the Florida Family Association
– Lowe’s

[Lowes?]

The “best” list includes:
– Rais Bhuiyan
– New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R)
– Senator Dick Durban (D-Ill.)
– Media and interest groups exposing Islamophobia in counter terrorism training received by federal, state and local law enforcement(specifically Political Research Associates, Washington Monthly, Wired, CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360°” and National Public Radio)
– The Democratic Members of the House Homeland Security Committee, plus Reps. Mike Honda and Judy Chu
– The Islamic Circle of North America’s Defending Religious Freedom Understanding Shariah Campaign
– Those involved in the opening of the Murfreesboro Mosque
– Groups exposing the Islamophobia Network (specifically People for the American Way, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Center for American Progress)

The full report is available online in a PDF format, and The American Muslim provides a summary.

Related: Quiz: Do you qualify for CAIR’s Islamaphobe list?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/20/cair-releases-islamophobia-report-see-who-made-the-list-83764

I checked. I didn't make the list.  8888crybaby Where did I go wrong?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: CAIR releases ‘Islamophobia Report’: See who made the list
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:52:39 pm »
Allen West thanks CAIR for inclusion in top ten worst Islamophobes list

Mr. West formally thanked the organization for the “honor” on his Facebook page Tuesday.

“Recently the Council for American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) bestowed upon me a great honor, they listed me in the top ten of individuals and organizations they fear,” he wrote. “CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing case in America, the Holy Land Foundation trial.”

“I have yet to hear or see CAIR on any TV, radio, or newspaper op-ed pages explaining the recent vicious attacks by Muslims against Christians in Pakistan and against innocent shoppers in Nairobi,” the former congressman continued. “To be forced to recite a koranic verse or die is simply barbaric. To conduct a targeted attack against Christians departing from church services is savage, not just in Pakistan, but in Nigeria, Egypt, Syria, and all across countries with Muslim governance (or lack of it).”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/24/allen-west-thanks-cair-inclusion-top-ten-worst-isl/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:35:31 pm »
mmmm...love me some Chris Christie

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:59:06 pm »
The “best” list includes:

– New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R)

+++++++++++++++++++++

So I repeat we are supposed to keep voting for Republicans ........... Why?????
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »
I checked. I didn't make the list.  8888crybaby Where did I go wrong?
Me too! I feel like such a loser.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »
mmmm...love me some Chris Christie

guess I better start including the /s tag,