Author Topic: Breaking- Explosion Reported At Columbus Police Headquarters; Homeland Security Officials On Scene  (Read 1510 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Columbus Division of Fire is investigating a report of an explosion at Columbus Police headquarters in Downtown Columbus.

A loud noise was heard inside the building in the 100 block of Marconi Boulevard around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police asked people inside the building to evacuate by the stairs.

Police and fire crews were going building by building checking for the source.

Homeland security officials arrived on scene shortly after 9:30 p.m.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/09/24/COLUMBUS_POLICE_EXPLOSION.html

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
They heard a "loud bang."  I can think of a lot of things that go "bang" and are completely non-terrorist/non-criminal.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

I'm absolutely not drawing any conclusions here, but there is a very large Somali population in Columbus, and lately US Somalis have been up to no good.

I hope this turns out to be nothing.  This is a little too close to home.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I'm absolutely not drawing any conclusions here, but there is a very large Somali population in Columbus, and lately US Somalis have been up to no good.

I hope this turns out to be nothing.  This is a little too close to home.

A "bang" and perhaps some white smoke/steam seen from the roof for a bit doesn't really strike me as a terrorist attack.  If they were going to hit a police station, they would have just hit it with a massive truck bomb.  If they were going to launch an attack on a soft target, they would go after a mall, movie theater, or sporting event.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
On the 10TV live stream, no one looks really anxious or concerned.

They did show some white smoke/steam coming out of what looks like a vent near the roof.  Might be something as simple as a major failure of a heating or A/C unit.

Offline musiclady

A "bang" and perhaps some white smoke/steam seen from the roof for a bit doesn't really strike me as a terrorist attack.  If they were going to hit a police station, they would have just hit it with a massive truck bomb.  If they were going to launch an attack on a soft target, they would go after a mall, movie theater, or sporting event.

I know there's no cause to jump to any conclusions, it's just that terrorism is where my mind goes these days..............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I know there's no cause to jump to any conclusions, it's just that terrorism is where my mind goes these days..............

It's easy to go there, but 99% of "explosions" are not terrorism.  We have one or two a year on the Texas A&M campus and they're either someone screwing up in a lab, a construction accident, or some piece of equipment fails and goes boom.

Oceander

It's easy to go there, but 99% of "explosions" are not terrorism.  We have one or two a year on the Texas A&M campus and they're either someone screwing up in a lab, a construction accident, or some piece of equipment fails and goes boom.

Living near the Radford Arsenal was fun when it came to odd explosions.