Author Topic: How John Boehner and Mitch McConnell are Funding Obamacare  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Rapunzel

How John Boehner and Mitch McConnell are Funding Obamacare
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »

Online DCPatriot

Re: How John Boehner and Mitch McConnell are Funding Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:04:15 PM »
Really appreciate that.

When I want to shoot myself, I'll read it all!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:03 PM »
What a complicated mess. 

If Cruz's efforts have to rely on voting against cloture on the very bill he demanded the House pass, then you know he's losing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
What a complicated mess. 

If Cruz's efforts have to rely on voting against cloture on the very bill he demanded the House pass, then you know he's losing.

Read it.  What he is trying to do is stop Reid from passing this with 51 votes instead of 60 votes, for starters.... in other words he is trying to stop Reid from continuing to railroad bills in the senate and freeze out anything from the GOP.  If McConnell won't fight Reid someone has to so God Bless Senator Cruz.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
Through all the smoke and crap....do you mean to tell me that there aren't enough rank and file Democrats who recognize this is bad for all individual Americans?  For American families?

Maybe that's what God meant in the Bible...when he told the man he would spare Sodom and Gomorrah if he could find twelve "good" men.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »
Read it.  What he is trying to do is stop Reid from passing this with 51 votes instead of 60 votes, for starters.... in other words he is trying to stop Reid from continuing to railroad bills in the senate and freeze out anything from the GOP.  If McConnell won't fight Reid someone has to so God Bless Senator Cruz.

Even if this passes, and Cruz gets all he wants, Obamacare continues to funded because  THE ONLY FUNDING HE CAN AFFECT IS THE TEN PERCENT OF DISCRETIONARY SPENDING.

All of the mandatory spending (90% of Obamacare) continues.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »
I read the only way to get rid of Obamacare is to repeal it.  It is not going to happen.  **nononono*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf