Author Topic: Hillsdale College offers new, free, online course on economics  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Hillsdale College offers new, free, online course on economics
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:51:54 am »
Now Available: Week One of Economics 101...

"Free Market Economics and the American Founding"

View the Week One Lecture

Reminder: You must be registered for Economics 101 in order to post on the Discussion Board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

In this Introductory lecture, Hillsdale College President Larry P. Arnn discusses the classical roots of the term "economics," the modern history of the discipline, and its relation to free government - in particular the necessity of free market economics to limited, constitutional rule.

About the Lecturer:

Larry P. Arnn is the twelfth president of Hillsdale College.  Under Dr. Arnn’s leadership since May of 2000, Hillsdale College has conducted the $608 million Founders Campaign for capital and endowment goals, launched the Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship (located in Washington, D.C.), expanded the core curriculum to include a required course on the U.S. Constitution, and established an Honor Code that all matriculates to the College sign.  As a professor of politics and history at Hillsdale, Dr. Arnn regularly teaches courses on Aristotle, Winston Churchill and the American Constitution.

https://online.hillsdale.edu/econ101/lectures
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Hillsdale College offers new, free, online course on economics
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:49 am »
Interesting, I heard an advertisement this afternoon on XM and Wharton College is going to have a program on XM
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »
I have attended weekend and week long seminars and classes at Hillsdale for the past 15 years on history, the Constitution, and economics and can honestly say it is the best information you will ever get.  Since they take no money from the government, the government has no control over what Hillsdale can teach and they teach the truth.  It is an undergrad school of about 1200 students and the professors are PHDs which gives you some idea of the quality.  The best part of it is the professors would never be allowed to teach at Cal., Haaaavad, or any Ivy league school which means they are not liberal. :patriot:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:17 pm »
I have attended weekend and week long seminars and classes at Hillsdale for the past 15 years on history, the Constitution, and economics and can honestly say it is the best information you will ever get.  Since they take no money from the government, the government has no control over what Hillsdale can teach and they teach the truth.  It is an undergrad school of about 1200 students and the professors are PHDs which gives you some idea of the quality.  The best part of it is the professors would never be allowed to teach at Cal., Haaaavad, or any Ivy league school which means they are not liberal. :patriot:

Hillsdale is one of the very few causes I actually donate to these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien