Author Topic: James Rawles Warns: “Be Prepared To Hunker Down For Months”  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DCPatriot

James Rawles Warns: “Be Prepared To Hunker Down For Months”
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »
James Rawles Warns: “Be Prepared To Hunker Down For Months”
Mac Slavo
September 22nd, 2013

[/snip]

For someone in an urban area who plans to hunker down and doesn’t plan to bug out with country cousins, one thing that should be at the top of everyone’s list but that’s very much overlooked is… if you’re in a situation where you have power because you have photovoltaics but your neighbors don’t, you really should concentrate on black-out curtains for your windows. You need to black out your house completely, without any light leaks so that your house will look just as black as any other on your block.

Otherwise you’re going to be targeted as the rich guy. You don’t want to become a loot-me-beacon at night. That should be a fairly high priority for you.

more at:   http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/james-rawles-warns-be-prepared-to-hunker-down-for-months_09222013

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

famousdayandyear

Re: James Rawles Warns: “Be Prepared To Hunker Down For Months”
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »
Something I had not even thought of.  Thanks

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »
I'm going to play the sound of a Remington 870 being cocked...on my Bose.  I've got five speakers.     :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »
I'm going to play the sound of a Remington 870 being cocked...on my Bose.  I've got five speakers.     :tongue2:

You must be one a dem rich guys.  I can't afford to even read a Bose ad.  Hope your speakers have eleventy.  Try a 50 cal, just for fun.   :patriot:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »

Wait a minute.  Shotguns aren't cocked.  They're racked.  Pump action ones like the 870, that is.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:14:19 AM by famousdayandyear »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:16:55 AM »
Wait a minute.  Shotguns aren't cocked.  They're racked.  Pump action ones like the 870, that is.

Cocked...racked....that sound is still unmistakeable.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »
Cocked...racked....that sound is still unmistakeable.

Music to stay alert by.   :howlin: :howlin:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf