Author Topic:  (Read 628 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: September 23, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »
There's no need to give those who actually entered illegally citizenship; they should be given a modified greencard that is ineligible for eventual naturalization.  That, however, should not prevent their children who were brought in as minors with their parents, from being able to naturalize.

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »
There's no need to give those who actually entered illegally citizenship; they should be given a modified greencard that is ineligible for eventual naturalization.  That, however, should not prevent their children who were brought in as minors with their parents, from being able to naturalize.
Probably a practical measure, but it won't satisfy those who think they can all be deported.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 10:59:27 PM »
Probably a practical measure, but it won't satisfy those who think they can all be deported.

I realize that.  However, one can only hope that with enough patient, hopefully persuasive, talk, those whose reactions are based on sound-bites rather than reflection can be persuaded to be a little more practical.  After all, I cannot think of anything as impractical, or as misguided, as trying to round up millions of people and herd them like cattle.  In fact, if I recall anything from history, that sort of strategy has been pursued only by the likes of Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin and, of course, Hitler.  I would hope that, when it comes down to brass tacks, most Americans are loathe to find themselves in such "august" company.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf