Author Topic: Blue Angels Cockpit View- USNA Air Show (Yee Ha)  (Read 1033 times)

famousdayandyear

Blue Angels Cockpit View- USNA Air Show (Yee Ha)
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:15:39 pm »
This video emailed to me by my brother's classmate whose son flies the #3 (Left Wing) position, as follows:

I have included a link to a 10 min video where you can go flying with the Navy Flght Demo Team - The Blue Angels!! The 10 min video was taped in Aug 2008 during the US Naval Academy Dress Rehearsal air show, so some of the F-18 Hornet Navy Jet Fighters are 2-seaters so some active duty Navy or Marine riders can experience the flight. Normally, for all air shows the Hornets are single seat models. In this video, you will be flying in the backseat of the #4 Jet in the 4 jet Diamond Formation, known as the SLOT position. The takeoff is from Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and the flying is over the Severn River adjacent to the Naval Academy. The audio and video are courtesy of a US Marine from the Blues' C-130 logistic aircraft, known as Fat Albert - which not only hauls the 50+ crew and spare parts etc for each or the 36 cities in which the team does air shows every year, but always does some amazing maneuvers to start every air show.

Enjoy the video since its as close as most of us will ever come to experience what its like to fly 18 inches apart at 500 mph, including inverted . . .

All the best -
Alan S******
Captain, USN (Ret)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_ZB7jqxz8&eurl=http://www.ramsheadtavern.com/blog/2009/05/20/blue-angel-blue-angel-fly-yourself-right-on-over/&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:18:40 pm by famousdayandyear »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Blue Angels Cockpit View- USNA Air Show (Yee Ha)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 02:46:50 am »
Thanks, I've always like them, when we lived in Irvine we used to ride our bikes over to El Toro Airbase to watch them perform (was easier than trying to drive in the airshow traffic)... always heartstopping.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776