Author Topic: Morrisons apologise to Muslim family sold meat (which they can't eat) by giving them a bottle of champagne (which they can't drink)  (Read 1687 times)

Offline happyg

A Muslim family have slammed the “ignorance” of supermarket staff who mistakenly sold them a minced beef pasty – then apologised by offering a bottle of champagne.

Majid Khan, who lives in Llandaff Road, Canton, Cardiff, with his wife and four young children, said he will never shop in Morrisons again following the double mishap earlier this month.

The 28-year-old bought three cheese and onion pasties from the Cardiff Bay store when he saw them on special offer.

But when his youngest child tucked into one of the tasty pastries for tea, it contained mounds of non halal minced meat.

After ringing up the manager of the supermarket on September 8, who apologised to the family for any distress caused, he then offered a free bottle of bubbly in compensation.

Mr Khan said: “I was very angry. They should be far more careful with how they label their products, especially when it could contain meat.

“My children were completely innocent in all of this and I think it’s completely ignorant of the manager to then give us champagne when Muslims don’t drink alcohol.

“I don’t want this happening to any other people who are Muslim.”

Despite the clear cheese and onion labels on the pasties, only two of the three contained the correct ingredients.

“I put it down to human error, everybody makes mistakes,” added Mr Khan.

“But it didn’t seem like the manager was really paying attention to the real problem.”

A spokesman for Morrisons said they take incidents of this nature seriously and are looking into how the error occurred.

“Clearly this is not good customer service,” he said.

“We apologise for the mistake and any offence caused to Mr Khan and his family.

“We take labelling our products very seriously and we are looking into why this particular product was mislabelled. We know we have to be extra careful when labelling meat.

“We have 11 million people coming to our stores every week and we put this down to human error.

“As a result of this incident, we will reinforce the training and standards in the store to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Morrisons say they are currently in touch with Mr Khan to discuss a more suitable way of compensating them.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/morrisons-apologise-muslim-family-sold-6024871

Offline aligncare

That's right. I had forgotten Muslims don't drink alcohol. Maybe that's why they're so bitchy all the time. Someone draws a cartoon making fun of Mohammed and they're like, cut off his head! Really, chill out, folks.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Muslim food restrictions suck almost as much as Kosher demands, and peanut free schools, and fragrance-free sections in building...or neurosis that proscribes the consumption of green food.  "Does that have gluten in it?"   "I'm alergic to latex."  No smoking.  Wear a seat belt.  Thank God we already fought the war on booze!!! :beer:

ooopps sorry muslims.

Offline olde north church

I would have sent him down to aisle 8 for a big box of "Go bleep Yourself".  But that's just me.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

I would have sent him down to aisle 8 for a big box of "Go bleep Yourself".  But that's just me.
That, and to aisle 5 for a can of "Go live in the Middle East if you don't like it here."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

That's right. I had forgotten Muslims don't drink alcohol. Maybe that's why they're so bitchy all the time. Someone draws a cartoon making fun of Mohammed and they're like, cut off his head! Really, chill out, folks.

Well, technically they're not supposed to.  Look behind the curtain at what the elites do in private, however, and a different picture tends to emerge.

Offline mountaineer

Well, technically they're not supposed to.  Look behind the curtain at what the elites do in private, however, and a different picture tends to emerge.
I recall that the 9/11/01 hijackers drank their share of liquor and frequented plenty of strip joints while living in the U.S. taking flight lessons. Maybe they really were shouting, "Allah at the bar!"

Offline happyg

I recall that the 9/11/01 hijackers drank their share of liquor and frequented plenty of strip joints while living in the U.S. taking flight lessons. Maybe they really were shouting, "Allah at the bar!"

:silly: Allah at the bar cracked me up!

Offline mountaineer

The article's title is in error. They can eat or drink the items; they just believe they may not do so by religious decree.