Author Topic: UK: Muslims keep marrying first cousins despite the horrific genetic consequences  (Read 1733 times)

Offline happyg

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
What's up with that poor fellow in the second picture?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Guess it is a good thing that with one exception, none of my cousins are hot.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Guess it is a good thing that with one exception, none of my cousins are hot.

I dunno; those little yellow minions sure are cute!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I dunno; those little yellow minions sure are cute!

Ha Ha

"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline aligncare

NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline mountaineer

I've had classmates whose parents were too closely related, and in both instances the consequence was near baldness and the girls had to wear wigs.

One of the girls had a brother born without a hand.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline aligncare

British tabloids tend to go overboard with illustrations accompanying stories. I think that particular photo was used for effect, a dramatization. His condition is probably the result of Proteus or NF 1, not the result of inbreeding.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
1st cousin marriage used to be fairly common in western culture as well.  The difference is now we understand the genetic aspect of it.  Of course, Islam is stuck in the 12th century.

Offline musiclady

British tabloids tend to go overboard with illustrations accompanying stories. I think that particular photo was used for effect, a dramatization. His condition is probably the result of Proteus or NF 1, not the result of inbreeding.

I thought that might be the case.

Thanks, aligncare!

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline musiclady

1st cousin marriage used to be fairly common in western culture as well.  The difference is now we understand the genetic aspect of it.  Of course, Islam is stuck in the 12th century.

In the wonderful new adaptation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, they try to disguise the fact that you are rooting for the heroine, Fanny Price to marry her first cousin.....   **nononono*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf