Author Topic: Tebow offered $1M by Russian team  (Read 679 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Tebow offered $1M by Russian team
« on: September 15, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »
A football team in Russia has offered Tim Tebow $1 million to play in two playoff games.

“We have offered him $1 million for two games,” Moscow Black Storm owner Mikhail Zaltsman told Russia Beyond The Headlines. “I talked with him personally and he wanted to go.”

Zaltsman wants Tebow to fly to Moscow for the Black Storm’s semifinal against the Moscow Patriots in the American Football Championship of Russia on Sept. 28 and also play in the final if they advance.

Zaltsman said Tebow’s agents are urging the quarterback to not play.

“They’re thinking of using him as a motivational speaker,” Zaltsman said. “They don’t want him to play football.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/14/tebow-offered-1m-by-russian-team

If this sort of thing really excites you, you can go to the link and vote on the question: Do you think Tebow should take the deal?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Tebow offered $1M by Russian team
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
Hmm... it's certainly worth pondering. Of course we've already read how Gene Simmons has offered Tebow a deal with his Arena Football League team.

At least in this case, though, I doubt Tebow could learn the playbook fast enough to make much of an impact.

I just hope Tebow, if he truly is interested in being a professional football player, doesn't get pigheaded and insist he must play in the NFL now or else not play at all. Right now, he is more valuable outside the NFL than he is inside it. The NFL has made it clear they do not want him, but that doesn't mean he has to give up forever. He just has to bide his time. Plenty of rejected quarterbacks ended up back in the NFL in their early to mid-30s and having a pretty good career: Todd Collins, Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Tommy Maddox (and yes, Maddox did just what I am suggesting and spent time in the XFL), the list goes on.

There is a big world of professional football outside the NFL. The UFL, alas, is dead in a junk heap of overspending and lack of revenue, but there's a couple of domestic minor leagues, the arena leagues, and the emerging foreign markets.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024