Author Topic: Shots fired in Jordan's Parliament  (Read 638 times)

Offline happyg

Shots fired in Jordan's Parliament
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »
AMMAN, Jordan, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- Jordanian parliamentarians called for the dismissal of a member of Parliament who shot at another parliamentarian during a Lower House session, officials said.

MP Talal Sharif shot at deputy Qusai Dmeisi during an argument Tuesday in a Lower House session, The Jordan Times reported. Following the incident journalists were asked to leave the room and the Lower House conducted a closed-door session to discuss the incident and form an investigating committee to probe the affair, the newspaper said.

Jordanian sources told the paper the issue will dominate House discussions for the day and parliamentarians are expected to seek a Royal Decree to include a vote calling to dismiss Sharif.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/09/10/Shots-fired-in-Jordans-Parliament/UPI-57001378815812/#ixzz2eW3m4Aov

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Shots fired in Jordan's Parliament
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
AMMAN, Jordan, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- Jordanian parliamentarians called for the dismissal of a member of Parliament who shot at another parliamentarian during a Lower House session, officials said.

I wonder if our leaders will start emulating the international-community on this one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
Is Sharif Muslim Brotherhood, and are things heating up in Jordan too?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »
Didn't expect it to happen so quickly.....posted this possibility just a couple of weeks ago.

Obama wants no generations-old rulers.  It's the Muslim Brotherhood, Baby!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »
Brings to mind the caning of Senator Sumner back in 1856.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »
Is Sharif Muslim Brotherhood, and are things heating up in Jordan too?

Glenn Beck has been saying for three years that how goes Syria will go Jordan...... he predicted that it would be Egypt followed by Libya and then Syria followed by Jordan and eventually to Morocco and then across the channel into Spain, Portugal, etc... so far the map is following his predictions.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf