Author Topic: Would you trust the preppers next door? Survivalists win the right to build bunkers under their homes despite neighbors who say they could do ANYTHING down there  (Read 888 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Would you trust the preppers next door? Survivalists win the right to build bunkers under their homes despite neighbors who say they could do ANYTHING down there

Supporters of the ordinance feel bunkers act as 'security blankets'
    Critics worry bunkers hide criminal activity, limit EMS response capability
    Doomsday bunkers for sale now booming industry

By Associated Press

PUBLISHED: 22:17 EST, 8 September 2013 | UPDATED: 05:28 EST, 9 September 2013

In the backyard of his remote Southern California home, Bernie Jones is etching an unconventional blueprint: a construction plan to build his underground survival shelter. It won't be the typical, cramped Cold War-era bunker. It will hold 20 people.

Part of a small but vocal group of survivalists in Menifee, some 80 miles east of Los Angeles, Jones, 46, has pushed for the right to build a bunker on his 1-acre property for nearly a year. He wants to be ready for anything, be it natural disaster or a nuclear attack.

'The world is taking a change,' he says. 'I want to be prepared. I want my family to survive.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415748/California-city-Menifee-allows-survivalists-build-doomsday-bunkers-homes.html#ixzz2ePziLtvz

Support the USO

Offline Olivia

Heck yeah, it's would be OK with me.  I'd also tell them to save a little space in the corner.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:44:07 PM by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Increase the square footage of the home thus increasing the value (if it is done to code of course) which will bring up the value of the neighbor's homes. Win win.

Offline DCPatriot

Increase the square footage of the home thus increasing the value (if it is done to code of course) which will bring up the value of the neighbor's homes. Win win.

Not necessarily...as the increase is below grade.   WAY below grade.

It would be an asset for a like-minded buyer...as would an in-ground pool.  A target audience for sure.

Homeland Security of course would know immediately, exactly who has 'improved' his home thus.   :laugh:   And remember, they don't even want you to store too much water and food-stocks.  They'll come and take it.   For when TSHF perhaps.

The only way to accomplish anonymity would be to be like prisoners who dug tunnels in the middle of the night.  Fill the trunk with dirt and take it with you.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf