Author Topic: Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out  (Read 738 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/357898/benghazi-whistleblower-ive-been-punished-speaking-out-andrew-johnson

Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out
By  Andrew Johnson
September 8, 2013 11:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMi0Mr2xEV0

Gregory Hicks, the former Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya who testified before Congress about the 9/11 attacks on an American diplomatic facility earlier this year, believes he has been “punished” for speaking out about the Obama administration’s response the night of the attack. He said he believes at least two of the Americans lost that night could have been saved if the United States had responded in time.

“I don’t know why I was punished,” Hicks said in an interview with ABC’s This Week. “I don’t know why I was shunted aside, put in a closet if you will.”

Hick said he will continue to talk about the attacks because “the American people need to have the story” of what took place that night and the four Americans who were lost in the attacks “should be remembered.” He also believes that former Navy SEALS Ty Woods and Glen Doherty, who died eight hours after the initial attack on the diplomatic mission, could have been saved.

While Hicks still remains on staff at the State Department, he has not been reassigned to a post since being called back from Libya. In a statement to This Week, the State Department said Hicks was not removed from Libya as a result of the statements he has made about the Benghazi attacks and is working on reassigning him.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:21:35 pm »
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/09/08/State-Dept-denies-punishing-diplomat-for-speaking-about-Benghazi/UPI-56731378664500/?spt=hs&or=tn

State Dept. denies punishing diplomat for speaking about Benghazi

Published: Sept. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

WASHINGTON, Sept. 8 (UPI) -- The U.S. State Department denies a claim by an official who says he has been punished for speaking about a fatal attack on a U.S. million in Benghazi, Libya.

In an appearance Sunday on ABC's "This Week," former Deputy Chief of Mission in Libya Gregory Hicks said he feels punished by the State Department for speaking out about the Sept. 11, 2012, attack, in which U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other U.S. citizens were killed.

"I feel that I have been punished. I don't know why I was punished. I don't know why I was shunted aside. Put in a closet if you will," he said.

The State Department sent a statement to ABC denying that Hicks was punished.

"The State Department has not punished Mr. Hicks in any way. We appreciate his exemplary service on the evening of September 11. His departure from Libya was entirely unrelated to any statements he may have made relating to the attack in Benghazi, and we are working with him on his next permanent assignment," the statement reads.

Hicks described the attack, which occurred almost a year ago, on the show Sunday.

He said the security agents were badly outnumbered, and that he heard of Stevens' death from the Libyan prime minister.

"I think it's the saddest moment in my career honestly," he said.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »
more here
Gregory Hicks: Hearing of Death of Christopher Stevens ‘Saddest Moment’ in My Career
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/09/gregory-hicks-hearing-of-death-of-christopher-stevens-saddest-moment-in-my-career/
Support the USO