Author Topic: ‘Longmire’ Renewed For Season 3, Series Producer Says; ‘The Glades’ Pickup Unlikely  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/longmire-renewed-for-third-season-series-executive-producer-says/

‘Longmire’ Renewed For Season 3, Series Producer Says; ‘The Glades’ Pickup Unlikely
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday August 29, 2013 

Fans’ prayers seem to have been answered. A&E‘s most-watched drama series, Longmire, is getting a third season. “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7),” Longmire executive producer John Coveny wrote on Twitter this afternoon. “Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!” A&E and producing studio Warner BrosTV had no comment, though insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal for a third season. There had been speculation that such a deal could include A&E taking ownership in the show. However, everyone seems to agree that Longmire will return to A&E for a third season. The renewal buzz comes on the heels of big ratings for Longmire‘s second-season finale earlier this week, which posted a season-high 4.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 1.5 million adults 25-54. For the season, Longmire averaged 5.4 million viewers (Live+7, most current) and, while older skewing than A&E’s other series, it was up from Season 1 in the key younger demos.

Meanwhile, the outlook is not as bright for A&E’s other drama series that hit season highs in its season finale earlier this week, veteran The Glades, which appears unlikely to go to a fifth season after posting year-to-year ratings declines. The network has not made a final decision. Glades was the first A&E scripted series to stick and helped establish the network’s scripted brand.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

:thumbsup:

Of course this is providing we even HAVE a country left by next summer.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

You do bring up an important point: Of course this is providing we even HAVE a country left by next summer.

Did you ever watch The Glades? I kinda liked it though at various times either the lead detective (Jim Longworth) or his main squeeze (Callie Cargill) both annoyed me (his attitude, her voice). Still, it had some engaging mysteries which I enjoyed. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

You do bring up an important point: Of course this is providing we even HAVE a country left by next summer.

Did you ever watch The Glades? I kinda liked it though at various times either the lead detective (Jim Longworth) or his main squeeze (Callie Cargill) both annoyed me (his attitude, her voice). Still, it had some engaging mysteries which I enjoyed.

No, I didn't get into The Glades.  Heck I still have the entire last season of Dallis on my DVR and have not watched it yet.........   :beer:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I'll have to do the Longmire series when I get done with Breaking Bad.  Available for streaming via Netflix.