Author Topic: Syrian Al-Qaeda Rebels Try To Force Christians To Convert To Islam After Seizing Control of Their Village  (Read 5445 times)

famousdayandyear

Oops, I'm sorry. Yes. You caught me. I was laughing and making fun of dead Christians. That's exactly what I was doing. I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

I understand you are upset. And I understand why. I really don't feel like engaging you now in this mood on this. Calm down a little and maybe we can discuss this more another time in another forum.

I wrote what I wrote and it speaks for itself. Deal with it, or don't. I don't care either way.

You're telling me to "deal with it, or don't".    Where you coming from veteran?   Are you saying I can't defend a position, or that I am so crazy I can't calm down? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am now seeing a pattern.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

famousdayandyear

I am now seeing a pattern.

The reason you see a pattern is because you created one.  Distract and defend a useless position.

Offline musiclady

Some history. When the Catholics forced Jews and Muslims to convert during their Inquisitions, many did so. (Protestants, too-Huguents fled wide and far, to escape the Catholic church in France.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converso

In some cases the conversion became permanent, and in some cases it was false.

It is intellectually dishonest, to ignore this historical period, and the results thereof.

BTW there were Inquisition, in France and Italy, too.

Your history lesson is a leftist fall-back argument as to why Muslims aren't to blame for their wholesale slaughter of Christians.

They use it all the time.

What happened during the Inquisition is not relevant to the situation we're in now.

You're not going to get away with using it on a conservative forum.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I deplore muslims attacking Christians in the Middle East, or anywhere. I side with the Christians and the Jews.

Then I could say nuke all of islam. That would be a popular post, to please the echo-chamber mentality of some forums.

I once thought this forum was more sophisticated, and was able to deal a bit more with the real world.

Don't presume to lecture this forum on "sophistication" while you trot out a "nuke all of islam" strawman in place of actual discussion. 

Much easier to default back to those Captain Queeg "echo-chamber mentality-true conservatives-Akin-O'Donnell-Mourdoch-Christians" marbles you endlessly fumble about in your hand. 

Offline kevindavis007

This thread is one village that's on fire, already. lol

I see both sides. The Catholics were known in history for forced conversion of anyone who was not Catholic. That goes for all over the world, including what is now known as Europe, Mexico, the M.E. and Polynesia.

However, that was centuries ago and what the savage Muslims are doing is here now today and it must be stopped. Hell, if we should be supporting a side in this thing we should be helping Assad exterminate these animals, and not helping the brutal barbaric throwbacks from the 7th century.

All I can say is, I agree with all of you.

Bingo.. Time to stop focusing on the past and focus on the present..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

famousdayandyear

For students of history:  The Battle of Tours (Year:  732 AD)

The Battle of Tours (October 732), also called the Battle of Poitiers and in Arabic: معركة بلاط الشهداء‎ (ma‘arakat Balâṭ ash-Shuhadâ - Battle of the Palace of Martyrs) was fought in an area between the cities of Poitiers and Tours, in north-central France, near the village of Moussais-la-Bataille, about 20 kilometres (12 mi) northeast of Poitiers. The location of the battle was close to the border between the Frankish realm and then-independent Aquitaine. The battle pitted Frankish and Burgundian forces under Austrasian Mayor of the Palace Charles Martel, against an army of the Umayyad Caliphate led by ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi, Governor-General of al-Andalus.

The Franks were victorious. ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi was killed, and Charles subsequently extended his authority in the south. Ninth-century chroniclers, who interpreted the outcome of the battle as divine judgment in his favour, gave Charles the nickname Martellus ("The Hammer"), possibly recalling Judas Maccabeus ("The Hammerer") of the Maccabean revolt. Details of the battle, including its exact location and the exact number of combatants, cannot be determined from accounts that have survived. Notably, the Frankish troops won the battle without cavalry.

Later Christian chroniclers and pre-20th century historians praised Charles Martel as the champion of Christianity, characterizing the battle as the decisive turning point in the struggle against Islam, a struggle which preserved Christianity as the religion of Europe
; according to modern military historian Victor Davis Hanson, "most of the 18th and 19th century historians, like Gibbon, saw Poitiers (Tours), as a landmark battle that marked the high tide of the Muslim advance into Europe. Leopold von Ranke felt that "Poitiers was the turning point of one of the most important epochs in the history of the world."

Offline kevindavis007

For students of history:  The Battle of Tours (Year:  732 AD)

The Battle of Tours (October 732), also called the Battle of Poitiers and in Arabic: معركة بلاط الشهداء‎ (ma‘arakat Balâṭ ash-Shuhadâ - Battle of the Palace of Martyrs) was fought in an area between the cities of Poitiers and Tours, in north-central France, near the village of Moussais-la-Bataille, about 20 kilometres (12 mi) northeast of Poitiers. The location of the battle was close to the border between the Frankish realm and then-independent Aquitaine. The battle pitted Frankish and Burgundian forces under Austrasian Mayor of the Palace Charles Martel, against an army of the Umayyad Caliphate led by ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi, Governor-General of al-Andalus.

The Franks were victorious. ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi was killed, and Charles subsequently extended his authority in the south. Ninth-century chroniclers, who interpreted the outcome of the battle as divine judgment in his favour, gave Charles the nickname Martellus ("The Hammer"), possibly recalling Judas Maccabeus ("The Hammerer") of the Maccabean revolt. Details of the battle, including its exact location and the exact number of combatants, cannot be determined from accounts that have survived. Notably, the Frankish troops won the battle without cavalry.

Later Christian chroniclers and pre-20th century historians praised Charles Martel as the champion of Christianity, characterizing the battle as the decisive turning point in the struggle against Islam, a struggle which preserved Christianity as the religion of Europe
; according to modern military historian Victor Davis Hanson, "most of the 18th and 19th century historians, like Gibbon, saw Poitiers (Tours), as a landmark battle that marked the high tide of the Muslim advance into Europe. Leopold von Ranke felt that "Poitiers was the turning point of one of the most important epochs in the history of the world."

and the Catholic Church almost called Charles Martel a heretic.

Offline Cincinnatus

Some other facts about the Battle of Tours and its consequences.

After the battle the Muslims retreated back beyond the Pyrenees and, with the exception of some small provinces in the northwest, ruled Spain for over 700 years. The Spanish struggle to regain control of their land and oust the invaders (for that is what they were) ended with the fall of Grenada in 1492. One can say all he wishes about the Inquisition, much of it actually anti-Catholic Protestant propaganda, but the Reconquista (as it was called) became inextricably combined with a Catholic identity. The Inquisition was the institution which was tasked with making certain no non-Catholics remained within Spain. By our standards the Inquisition's methods of investigation were reprehensible, though not really that different from those prevailing in other parts of Europe, and when considered in the context of the times, make better sense.

I should also like to point out the imperialistic nature of Islam did not end at Grenada. As late as 1571 a confederation of Christian maritime nations, led by Spain (yeah, them again), defeated a Turkish fleet at Lepanto which was driving westward in order to extend Turkish (Muslim) control into the western Mediterranean; and even later the Turks were defeated at the very gates of Vienna in 1683 (just over 300 years ago) by a coalition of Germanic principalities. If the Turks had not been defeated at Vienna, the probability is they would have overrun western Europe. The Turks presence there always explains the very recent troubles between Christians and Muslims in Serbia/Bosnia as they had already occupied that area until driven out in the 19th century (which then gave rise to nationalist fervor throughout the region, which then led to attempts to break away from the Austrian Empire, which then led to an assassination, which then led to WWI. I love history).   
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline kevindavis007

Take a look at this:

Islam's China Wars-751 A.D-Battle of Talas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqphtX_ops

Offline kevindavis007

Some other facts about the Battle of Tours and its consequences.

After the battle the Muslims retreated back beyond the Pyrenees and, with the exception of some small provinces in the northwest, ruled Spain for over 700 years. The Spanish struggle to regain control of their land and oust the invaders (for that is what they were) ended with the fall of Grenada in 1492. One can say all he wishes about the Inquisition, much of it actually anti-Catholic Protestant propaganda, but the Reconquista (as it was called) became inextricably combined with a Catholic identity. The Inquisition was the institution which was tasked with making certain no non-Catholics remained within Spain. By our standards the Inquisition's methods of investigation were reprehensible, though not really that different from those prevailing in other parts of Europe, and when considered in the context of the times, make better sense.

I should also like to point out the imperialistic nature of Islam did not end at Grenada. As late as 1571 a confederation of Christian maritime nations, led by Spain (yeah, them again), defeated a Turkish fleet at Lepanto which was driving westward in order to extend Turkish (Muslim) control into the western Mediterranean; and even later the Turks were defeated at the very gates of Vienna in 1683 (just over 300 years ago) by a coalition of Germanic principalities. If the Turks had not been defeated at Vienna, the probability is they would have overrun western Europe. The Turks presence there always explains the very recent troubles between Christians and Muslims in Serbia/Bosnia as they had already occupied that area until driven out in the 19th century (which then gave rise to nationalist fervor throughout the region, which then led to attempts to break away from the Austrian Empire, which then led to an assassination, which then led to WWI. I love history).   

Also unlike the Christianity, Islam has yet to go through a reformation.. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Also unlike the Christianity, Islam has yet to go through a reformation..

Perhaps killing a couple million of them will get their attention for another 500 years.   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

Perhaps killing a couple million of them will get their attention for another 500 years.   :pondering:

I doubt it...

Online DCPatriot

I doubt it...

Well...evidence suggests that's been the case with them over the past two thousand years.    :laugh:

Get brutal....and they slink away.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
September 11, 2001 gave us the perfect justification for doing that or more. We didn't do it then, and it is less likely we will do it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

September 11, 2001 gave us the perfect justification for doing that or more. We didn't do it then, and it is less likely we will do it.

I don't think that would have been justification....because it wasn't a specific government that was represented.  That's the problem when you don't have a "Pope".....a single person that can speak on behalf of the religion with authority and confidence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Shall we go back to Charles Martel and the Battle of Tours? ]]

If The West desires to survive, it may have no choice.