Author Topic: Pope Tweets Against Syria Strike, Writes Putin, Plans Saturday Vigil  (Read 403 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Pope Francis has written a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, host of the G-20 summit that President Obama is attending, urging world leaders to oppose a military intervention in Syria.

“To the leaders present, to each and every one, I make a heartfelt appeal for them to help find ways to overcome the conflicting positions and to lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution,” the Pope urged. “Rather, let there be a renewed commitment to seek, with courage and determination, a peaceful solution through dialogue and negotiation of the parties, unanimously supported by the international community.”

Read more:

Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: Pope Tweets Against Syria Strike, Writes Putin, Plans Saturday Vigil
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
I can only imagine the death threats and imprecations on DU and other lib/prog fora against the Pope.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo