Author Topic: Pope Tweets Against Syria Strike, Writes Putin, Plans Saturday Vigil  (Read 459 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Pope Francis has written a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, host of the G-20 summit that President Obama is attending, urging world leaders to oppose a military intervention in Syria.

“To the leaders present, to each and every one, I make a heartfelt appeal for them to help find ways to overcome the conflicting positions and to lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution,” the Pope urged. “Rather, let there be a renewed commitment to seek, with courage and determination, a peaceful solution through dialogue and negotiation of the parties, unanimously supported by the international community.”

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/05/pope-tweets-against-syria-strike-writes-putin-plans-saturday-vigil/#ixzz2eADHkJZB

I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
Re: Pope Tweets Against Syria Strike, Writes Putin, Plans Saturday Vigil
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
I can only imagine the death threats and imprecations on DU and other lib/prog fora against the Pope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf