Author Topic: Syrian Al-Qaeda Rebels Try To Force Christians To Convert To Islam After Seizing Control of Their Village  (Read 5428 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/

Syrian Al-Qaeda Rebels Try To Force Christians To Convert To Islam After Seizing Control of Their Village…

Yes, still moderates.

Via Telegraph:

In the early hours of Wednesday morning, rebel groups, a mix of the extremist Jabhat al-Nusra and the more moderate Free Syrian Army (FSA), attacked with full force.

“First they took a brick factory owned by a Christian guy, who is now missing,” said the resident. “Then at around 5.30am, a car bomb detonated at the checkpoint at the entrance to the village.

“Some of the rebels entered a home near the checkpoint belonging to Yousef Haddad, a Christian. They tried to force him to convert to Islam.”

A nun living in a convent in the village told the Associated press that 27 orphans living in the convent were taken to nearby caves for shelter.

Video footage posted on YouTube showed rebel fighters on a pick up truck with an anti-aircraft gun mounted on the back firing erratically from inside the mountain town.

Christians, who make up approximately 10 per cent of Syria’s population, have increasingly become targets in the conflict as sectarian-minded foreign jihadists gain influence in the opposition ranks. Almost a third of the Syriac Christian population has fled the rebel-held northern town of Hassakeh after Christians became targets for kidnappings and assassinations.

Offline happyg

You cannot force someone to believe something they know is not true. Islam is based on indoctrination, while Christianity is base on faith, and belief in the Holy Scripture. It is personal for Christians, whereas Islam is a so-called religion/political cult that is taught rather than 'felt'.

famousdayandyear

The problem is:  Convert, or get your head cut off in a slow protracted manner.  Islam doesn't give a fig about how you 'feel' about anything.  You are right:  total subservience is the objective.

Offline Olivia

It takes a stupid mind to follow a "religion" that is so violent with a total lack of compassion to anyone.   :thumbsdown:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You cannot force someone to believe something they know is not true. Islam is based on indoctrination, while Christianity is base on faith, and belief in the Holy Scripture. It is personal for Christians, whereas Islam is a so-called religion/political cult that is taught rather than 'felt'.

Some history. When the Catholics forced Jews and Muslims to convert during their Inquisitions, many did so. (Protestants, too-Huguents fled wide and far, to escape the Catholic church in France.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converso

In some cases the conversion became permanent, and in some cases it was false.

It is intellectually dishonest, to ignore this historical period, and the results thereof.

BTW there were Inquisition, in France and Italy, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

famousdayandyear

Some history. When the Catholics forced Jews and Muslims to convert during their Inquisitions, many did so. (Protestants, too-Huguents fled wide and far, to escape the Catholic church in France.)

It is intellectually dishonest, to ignore this historical period, and the results thereof.

Shall we go back to Charles Martel and the Battle of Tours?

Offline sinkspur

You are entirely correct.

However, none of that is occurring in the 21st century in Christianity.

Forced conversions are de rigeur in present-day Islam, as are beheadings of women who refuse to cover themselves, and wholesale murder for no reason other than that "they can."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

famousdayandyear

These kind of "yes, but those miserable Catholics" distractions do not add anything to the conversation.

Offline truth_seeker

You are entirely correct.

However, none of that is occurring in the 21st century in Christianity.

Forced conversions are de rigeur in present-day Islam, as are beheadings of women who refuse to cover themselves, and wholesale murder for no reason other than that "they can."
We can be "right" because we live in the 21st century, while they are "wrong" because they live in the 7th or 14th centuries.

Nonetheless there are a lot of them. And we can't excuse or deny away, their impact on the world today.

Offline truth_seeker

These kind of "yes, but those miserable Catholics" distractions do not add anything to the conversation.

Actually the point is that the muslims feel some historical justification, for forcing conversions. And they have very long memories.

Sweeping history aside, does "not add anything to the conversation," either.

famousdayandyear

We can be "right" because we live in the 21st century, while they are "wrong" because they live in the 7th or 14th centuries.

Nonetheless there are a lot of them. And we can't excuse or deny away, their impact on the world today.

You are now attacking Catholics who are being slaughtered and attacked all over the Middle East for absolutely no reason that I can discern.  Please explain to this forum your honest motive in doing so.  This is a recurring tactic with such posts--and I believe it is done for the sole purpose of invoking emotional responses from members. 

famousdayandyear

Actually the point is that the muslims feel some historical justification, for forcing conversions. And they have very long memories.

I have referred you and yours to the Battle of Tours.  I am not sweeping history aside.  This is a tired, old, odious tactic employed to distract and engage in exceptionally meaningless postings.
I do hope this forum recognizes and deplores such tactics.  Keep crucifying Catholics.  We're here.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You could apply the same "historical justification" reasoning to the current black rage in our society, for enforced slavery, because they have very long memories too. 

I never see you trotting out that argument on behalf of the "low IQ" crowd, however.  I guess its because it doesn't fit into your religion-bashing template.

Offline truth_seeker

You are now attacking Catholics who are being slaughtered and attacked all over the Middle East for absolutely no reason that I can discern.  Please explain to this forum your honest motive in doing so.  This is a recurring tactic with such posts--and I believe it is done for the sole purpose of invoking emotional responses from members.
If the facts of history are "attacks on Catholics" to you, I suggest you find a way to shield yourself from reality.

I'm not attacking anybody. I am stating the reason muslims feel justified in what they do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My wife of 45 years is Catholic, along with most of her family. One is a nun. A man who made a huge impact on my life was a priest. I have absolutely nothing against Catholics or Catholicism.

I am however, able to examine the history books, and come to grips with long term implications.

famousdayandyear

If the facts of history are "attacks on Catholics" to you, I suggest you find a way to shield yourself from reality.

I'm not attacking anybody. I am stating the reason muslims feel justified in what they do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My wife of 45 years is Catholic, along with most of her family. One is a nun. A man who made a huge impact on my life was a priest. I have absolutely nothing against Catholics or Catholicism.

I am however, able to examine the history books, and come to grips with long term implications.

Tell us more about the current situation, if you can pull yourself away from the wayback machine.  History books are full of crap from all sides.  Do you want to discuss the War of Northern Agression while we're at it.   So fill us is with your "long term implications".  Are you saying by your totally distracting posts, that we should all convert to Islam?   Be clear.  I don't really care about your family members, respectfully.

Offline Charlespg

thank you Imam Obama
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline truth_seeker

You could apply the same "historical justification" reasoning to the current black rage in our society, for enforced slavery, because they have very long memories too. 

I never see you trotting out that argument on behalf of the "low IQ" crowd, however.  I guess its because it doesn't fit into your religion-bashing template.
I deplore muslims attacking Christians in the Middle East, or anywhere. I side with the Christians and the Jews.

Then I could say nuke all of islam. That would be a popular post, to please the echo-chamber mentality of some forums.

I once thought this forum was more sophisticated, and was able to deal a bit more with the real world.

famousdayandyear

I deplore muslims attacking Christians in the Middle East, or anywhere. I side with the Christians and the Jews.

Then I could say nuke all of islam. That would be a popular post, to please the echo-chamber mentality of some forums.

I once thought this forum was more sophisticated, and was able to deal a bit more with the real world.

There it is forum!  The echo chamber justification for a meaningless, distracting post.  Happens all the time.  Odious and without any intellectual content.  And they accuse YOU of being so UN sophisticated, YOU just are too stupid to GET IT.  I say--ENOUGH.  If you post provide something other than an emotional based argument.

Offline truth_seeker

There it is forum!  The echo chamber justification for a meaningless, distracting post.  Happens all the time.  Odious and without any intellectual content.  And they accuse YOU of being so UN sophisticated, YOU just are too stupid to GET IT.  I say--ENOUGH.  If you post provide something other than an emotional based argument.
Ceasefire. Timeout. De-escalate. Peace.  I stated:

"I deplore muslims attacking Christians in the Middle East, or anywhere. I side with the Christians and the Jews."

famousdayandyear

Ceasefire. Timeout. De-escalate. Peace.  I stated:

"I deplore muslims attacking Christians in the Middle East, or anywhere. I side with the Christians and the Jews."

Nice try.  Do not employ this distracting tactic again.

Offline truth_seeker

Nice try.  Do not employ this distracting tactic again.
Actually I'll continue to post as I please.

famousdayandyear

Actually I'll continue to post as I please.

Of course.  That is not the issue.  Post with a modicum of honesty that reflects the current state of events.  If you distract and distort, that does not add to the debate.  Is that too much of a burden for you?  And labeling all of us as too unsophistocated to "get" your point, why bother?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This thread is one village that's on fire, already. lol

I see both sides. The Catholics were known in history for forced conversion of anyone who was not Catholic. That goes for all over the world, including what is now known as Europe, Mexico, the M.E. and Polynesia.

However, that was centuries ago and what the savage Muslims are doing is here now today and it must be stopped. Hell, if we should be supporting a side in this thing we should be helping Assad exterminate these animals, and not helping the brutal barbaric throwbacks from the 7th century.

All I can say is, I agree with all of you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

famousdayandyear

This thread is one village that's on fire, already. lol

I see both sides. The Catholics were known in history for forced conversion of anyone who was not Catholic. That goes for all over the world, including what is now known as Europe, Mexico, the M.E. and Polynesia.

However, that was centuries ago and what the savage Muslims are doing is here now today and it must be stopped. Hell, if we should be supporting a side in this thing we should be helping Assad exterminate these animals, and not helping the brutal barbaric throwbacks from the 7th century.

All I can say is, I agree with all of you.

LOL.  Laughing out loud.  At what?    The defense of a few Christians who want to live?  Please fill us in.  My guess your "LOL" is the distracting junk from our friend.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
LOL.  Laughing out loud.  At what?    The defense of a few Christians who want to live?  Please fill us in.  My guess your "LOL" is the distracting junk from our friend.
Oops, I'm sorry. Yes. You caught me. I was laughing and making fun of dead Christians. That's exactly what I was doing. I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

I understand you are upset. And I understand why. I really don't feel like engaging you now in this mood on this. Calm down a little and maybe we can discuss this more another time in another forum.

I wrote what I wrote and it speaks for itself. Deal with it, or don't. I don't care either way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.