Author Topic: Egypt's Minister Mohammed Ibrahim survives bomb attack  (Read 916 times)

Offline flowers

Egypt's Minister Mohammed Ibrahim survives bomb attack
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:50:53 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23971239

Egypt's Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim has survived a bomb attack that targeted his convoy in Cairo.

Hours later, he appeared on state TV unharmed to denounce the attack as a "cowardly assassination bid".

Security officials said the blast near Mr Ibrahim's home in Nasr City appeared to have been caused by a suicide car bomb. More than 20 people were injured.

No-one has yet said they carried out the attack. The Muslim Brotherhood "strongly condemned" what happened.

Mr Ibrahim heads the police force which has carried out a crackdown on Muslim Brotherhood protests in recent weeks.

Offline happyg

Re: Egypt's Minister Mohammed Ibrahim survives bomb attack
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »
I wonder if Syria will notice a bunch of bombs lobbed at them, since it appears that bombs and weapons is a way of life in most of the Middle East.

Offline flowers

Re: Egypt's Minister Mohammed Ibrahim survives bomb attack
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »
I wonder if Syria will notice a bunch of bombs lobbed at them, since it appears that bombs and weapons is a way of life in most of the Middle East.
I am sure they have the dead bodies all ready for the camera in the local morgues.