Author Topic: NFL season preview Power Rankings  (Read 3338 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
NFL season preview Power Rankings
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »

NFL season preview Power Rankings

... Finally, after months and months of mostly idle discussion over how each individual team and player will perform in the coming year, the games arrive to give us something tangible to dissect. If we've learned anything over the NFL's long history, it is that trying to predict what will happen is something of a fool's errand.

So you can fully expect the first Power Rankings of the regular season to look almost totally different from the final version, some four months from now. But, hey, you've gotta start somewhere ...

LIST AT LINK BELOW

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130905/nfl-power-rankings-season-preview-baltimore-ravens-seattle-seahawks/?sct=nfl_t1t_a1

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

Re: NFL season preview Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:07:21 pm »
SIGH...my beloved Bills in for another tough year

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:16:28 pm »
Seahawks talent runs deep. Far deeper than 2012, and they are healthy.   I think after all these years they are going to earn some respect this year.

As good as the Broncos looked in the 2nd half on Thursday against the Ravens, we have to remember the 40 to 10 WIN  the Seahawks had against those same Broncos (in Bronco's home stadium) just a couple of weeks ago.   Seahawks slaughtered them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:22:48 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
LOL  I see the Chargers aren't going to have a good year according to this power ranking. Yet the locals up here will be ecstatic about the Seahawks.

****cute kitty

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 06:55:01 pm »
LOL  I see the Chargers aren't going to have a good year according to this power ranking. Yet the locals up here will be ecstatic about the Seahawks.

****cute kitty

One thing unique about the Seahawks, is they have probably the largest geographic region of fans of all the teams. From Alaska, down through  the western  half of Canada, and throughout  the lower 48 from the continental divide to the Pacific beaches as far south as Northern California.    I don’t know if you could have said that about the Cowboys of old, when  they use to call them America’s team. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:53 pm »
One thing unique about the Seahawks, is they have probably the largest geographic region of fans of all the teams. From Alaska, down through  the western  half of Canada, and throughout  the lower 48 from the continental divide to the Pacific beaches as far south as Northern California.    I don’t know if you could have said that about the Cowboys of old, when  they use to call them America’s team.
  :patriot:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:20 pm »
Some really interesting games will impact next week's Power Rankings:

Vikings @ Lions
Falcons @ Saints
Bengals @ Bears
Packers @ 49ers
Giants @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Redskins

NFL Ticket will be busy in the Lando home...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:53:22 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:56 pm »
SIGH...my beloved Bills in for another tough year
I'm surprised Bills fans still exist considering how bad they have been for so long. Nine years without a winning season, 13 without a playoff berth, both the longest active streaks... it's a wonder Buffalo even renewed the Bills' lease.

There is a surprising amount of hope in Buffalo this year (I'm from WNY; long stopped being a fan but I don't wish them harm) with the new coach and starting QB... it's the kind of optimism we haven't really seen since the Drew Bledsoe era of the early 2000s, before they dragged Marv Levy out of retirement.

With the Patriots on the decline, the Jets in chaos and the Dolphins being, well, the Dolphins, Buffalo may have a shot.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:11:39 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:28:32 pm »
I'm surprised Bills fans still exist considering how bad they have been for so long. Nine years without a winning season, 13 without a playoff berth, both the longest active streaks... it's a wonder Buffalo even renewed the Bills' lease.

There is a surprising amount of hope in Buffalo this year (I'm from WNY; long stopped being a fan but I don't wish them harm) with the new coach and starting QB... it's the kind of optimism we haven't really seen since the Drew Bledsoe era of the early 2000s, before they dragged Marv Levy out of retirement.

With the Patriots on the decline, the Jets in chaos and the Dolphins being, well, the Dolphins, Buffalo may have a shot.

Born and raised in South Buffalo...Bishop Timon HS Class of 64.

I still remember free safety George Saimes......arguably the BEST open field tackler in American League history.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Former-Bills-safety-George-Saimes-dies-at-71/7295f12c-acca-4386-a9a8-dd6b71d41f9a
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »
The failure of John Harbaugh to throw a caution flag changed the momentum of the entire Ravens/Bronco game.  What can you expect when a failed coach refuses to back you up.  Plus. NFL RAIN DELAY!  Ridiculous.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
The failure of John Harbaugh to throw a caution flag changed the momentum of the entire Ravens/Bronco game.  What can you expect when a failed coach refuses to back you up.  Plus. NFL RAIN DELAY!  Ridiculous.

Uh, momentum my a$$!   Peyton Manning took the Ravens' pass defense apart.   SEVEN touchdowns!   

famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »
Uh, momentum my a$$!   Peyton Manning took the Ravens' pass defense apart.   SEVEN touchdowns!   

Excuse me if I don't care about your ass.  That was a bad call.  And changed the psychology of the game.  Plus injuries.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »
Excuse me if I don't care about your ass.  That was a bad call.  And changed the psychology of the game.  Plus injuries.

It didn't matter, famous.

Now if the score differential was less than a touchdown...perhaps.

This is the defending SuperBowl Champion.....and they were taken apart.

To blame it on a blown call is bush league....imho.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:35 am »
It didn't matter, famous.

Now if the score differential was less than a touchdown...perhaps.

This is the defending SuperBowl Champion.....and they were taken apart.

To blame it on a blown call is bush league....imho.

It *pains* me to say you are right.  Harbaugh is pissing me off; the NFL is pissing me off; the fact the Ravens had to travel to Denver for the opener is pissing me off.

So there you have it.  You're right; I'm so,so miserably wrong, DC.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:32 am »
Born and raised in South Buffalo...Bishop Timon HS Class of 64.

I still remember free safety George Saimes......arguably the BEST open field tackler in American League history.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Former-Bills-safety-George-Saimes-dies-at-71/7295f12c-acca-4386-a9a8-dd6b71d41f9a

LOL  North Tonawanda  Cookie Gilchrist era thru OJ Simpson

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 07:15:08 am »
LOL  North Tonawanda  Cookie Gilchrist era thru OJ Simpson

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 01:32:44 am »
Hope somebody sitting with MUD right about now......he should be on suicide watch after watching this game.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:45 am »
Hope somebody sitting with MUD right about now......he should be on suicide watch after watching this game.

Trust me. It could have been worse

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 02:55:47 am »
Trust me. It could have been worse

I swear the 1st quarter the Eagles were playing a high school team wearing Redskins' uniforms. :thud:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 09:29:05 am »
It's only one game into the season and I am already flinching

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:36 am »
It's only one game into the season and I am already flinching

If that game were just 10 minutes longer....it was apparent that the Redskins would have CRUSHED them.

Offline flowers

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 03:07:28 pm »
I have been a Chargers fan most of my life. As usual when watching a Charger game wait until the last 2 minutes or so. 

10294 new gadsen8888 

****cute kitty

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 06:36:47 pm »
Just be grateful you're not a Steelers fan. It's going to be a looonnnngggg season.  8888crybaby
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 07:27:32 pm »
Just be grateful you're not a Steelers fan. It's going to be a looonnnngggg season.  8888crybaby
Did they lose 3 main players to injury? 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:32:19 pm by flowers »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 07:36:04 pm »
Four, I believe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org