Author Topic: It's My New Book! Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans  (Read 1417 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/09/05/it_s_my_new_book_rush_revere_and_the_brave_pilgrims_time_travel_adventures_with_exceptional_americans

It's My New Book! Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans
September 05, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  My friends, I am so excited.  I have been waiting for this day to be able to tell you something. I have been waiting with bated breath. I have been chomping at the bit. I've almost let it slip out of the bag a couple of times, and now I don't have to worry about it slipping out of the bag because today I can announce it.

No, no, no, I did not buy Apple computer, and I didn't make an offer on the New York Times or any of that.  This is so cool, and I've been wanting to tell you all about this for the longest time.  It has been an amazingly productive, fun, busy past bunch of months.  For the longest time, 20 years, people have been urging me to write another book, and particularly my good friend, the late Vince Flynn.  The last three, four years, every time that we would get together -- he called me Rushbo -- he said, "How's the book coming, Rushbo?"

He thought it was necessary.  It wasn't something just to do because it was the next thing to do in the career line.  He said, "You need to do this."

I said, "Vince, I've done it.  I've been there and I've done that.  I've done the conservative manifestos, and everyone else has done 'em, too."

And he said, "Well, why don't you put together a compilation?  Look at all the monologues you've done on the radio and you've preserved all of them on your website. You could get somebody to edit those things and put together three or four books of some of your greatest monologues, each one a chapter."  It's a great idea, but I never moved forward on it.  And then out of the blue... well, the timeline is kind of sketchy on this, but my wife, Kathryn, in conjunction with Vince's entreaties to me, came up with an idea that literally lit a fire under me.

continued at link
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:11:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I heard Rush telling this today on the radio and I could feel his passion for this book.  I think it's a great idea - he said it was his wife's idea.  We need more of this!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

I heard Rush telling this today on the radio and I could feel his passion for this book.  I think it's a great idea - he said it was his wife's idea.  We need more of this!

I wondered if this was the project he alluded to on Greta a few weeks ago... she asked if his wife got upset at him being so busy and he said she is really busy on a special project that right now and we'd be hearing more about it soon.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is what I've always appreciated about Glenn Beck, his efforts to educate Americans about our history.  It's sorely lacking nowadays so I hope we're seeing a new trend.  We have got to start being proactive in telling the story of what made this country so great - and stop letting the progressives have the upper hand.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

This is what I've always appreciated about Glenn Beck, his efforts to educate Americans about our history.  It's sorely lacking nowadays so I hope we're seeing a new trend.  We have got to start being proactive in telling the story of what made this country so great - and stop letting the progressives have the upper hand.

:amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776